It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2003, 07:23 PM   #1
Inactive

stabmaster HB User
Post Does whey protein powder contain growth hormone?? ACNE link?!

Quote:
Quote Posted By T-bone:

Milk does aggrivate acne, but you are all thinking it does for the wrong reasons.
The actual reason is most likely because cows are made to produce enough milk to meet our needs using IGF growth hormone, this along with hormones in a pregnant cow exist in the milk they produce and in the milk we consume. The hormones worsen acne by causing increased sebum production, or buy increasing skin proliferation, in other words increasing the chance pores will get blocked. I further hypothesis that organic milk, that has not been produced with the aid of growth hormones would be as good as drinking no milk.
Does powdered whey protein supplement contain hormones? I'm trying to pull dairy products out for the reason described above; however, i'm weight training and i'm not sure if i can get enough protein without supplement.. and i don't want to go with soy unless i have to.

Old 08-29-2003, 07:44 PM   #2

anth0r HB User
Dude, enough about the diet and acne thing. IT CAN'T BE PROVEN. Protein contains a growth "hormone" because muscles, bones and connective tissues NEED protein to recover and grow.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2003, 07:45 PM   #3

anth0r HB User
1-2g of protein per pound of boudy weight is sufficient

Old 08-29-2003, 09:39 PM   #4
Inactive

stabmaster HB User
anth0r-

Honestly dude, I'm not trying to prove anything. I know that I have changed my diet 3 months ago. A diet of leafy greens, fruit, fish, chicken, and all the rest has changed my complexion from horrible to almost baby smooth.

On another note, nothing can be proven without a fundamental assumption. Einstein said this. I am not looking to write a thesis- I am only trying to cut unnatural growth hormones out of my diet.

Finally: thank you for reccomending my protein intake during the day; however, 400g of protein is an unnecessary amount of protein to eat i assure you. 0.7-1.25g protein per pound pody weight per day is a more common range given. On a weight loss diet i can't take in 1600 calories of protein alone. That would kill me dead.

my target protein uptake is 150-200g per day. i want to get no more than 40g of that protein from non-animal (supplemental) sources. that leaves 110-160g of protein from animal source. I can take care of that with fish, chicken, and egg whites.

Old 08-29-2003, 10:18 PM   #5

anth0r HB User
Totally understood, my apologies

Have you tryed pro-hormones such as AD5? I experienced massive gains after a 3 month cycle of it stacked with creatine.

Old 08-29-2003, 11:54 PM   #6
Inactive

stabmaster HB User
honestly, right now I'm doing everything completely natural. no caffine, supplements, processed food... only protein and a multivitamin (Centrum). I am tracking my lean tissue addition by body fat %, and i'm making measurable progress, but right now i'm cutting down- i am not bulking up yet.

I am trying to pull dairy out of my diet for a month to measure my system's response.

specifically, acne is thought to be affected by caffine, creatine, and/or hormones that end up in dairy products. Since I am already eating such a healthy diet, i have decided to cut them all out. I am taking in the appropriate amounts of nutrients as well. my complexion has always been moderately poor. it has recently improved, but the improvement may be attributed to one of many other factors. i am just trying to go the distance and see what happens.

Closed Thread