It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2008, 04:08 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Bulldogsandwich HB User
Skin appears rugged, shea butter will help?

I don't like to ask on the internet about remedies because most of the time I get screwed. But has anyone tried shea butter to help with acne, and everything over all on your face? My aunt was complaining about it making her break out, but I think my skin can handle it.

Old 02-24-2008, 07:39 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

BluEyez1031 HB User
Re: Skin appears rugged, shea butter will help?

I would not recommend putting shea butter on your face...it's quite greasy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2008, 02:09 PM   #3
(female)

spiral200 HB User

Shea butter is in fact very greasy-and yes it does soften skin, but it will clog the pores on your face and make your breakouts worse! I suggest an oil-free moisturizer. I just began using Aveeno Skin Brightening Moisturizer and I love it! It also helps fade post-acne marks. Try using one of the microdermabrasion "pad" products on the market. I've been using ROC dermabrasion pads for almost a month and I'm noticing a difference in my skin tone. Also I recently bought ACNEFREE "Pock mark Filler" and it's making a HUGE difference on the texture of my skin. I have gone through laser resurfacing and it hasn't done near as much as this regimen has accomplished in less than a month.

Last edited by spiral200; 02-27-2008 at 02:09 PM.

Old 02-27-2008, 02:59 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Bulldogsandwich HB User

Okay I'll heed your words! But what would happen if I just put the finest layer possible? Would it still clog the pores? Thanks guys for the replies so far.

Old 11-12-2009, 09:44 AM   #5
(female)

Distinguished HB User

That is not true, shea butter does not clog pores, how can it? it actually penetrates really deep and works on cells and regenerate them. That's why it's so good for eczema, keratosis or anti aging. If your shea butter clogged your pores and caused you to break out you most certainly received a batch that was cut with mineral or petroleum oil. some malicious vendors do that in order to extend their supplies. Yes it is a greasy butter and yes you can use it on your face just apply a really small dab like i do. Just a tiny dot will do you enough. I personally love shea butter but I hate when people who aren't educated enough about its use misinformed others. Shea butter is a really good and healthy alternative to a lot of alternatives out there.

Last edited by moderator2; 11-12-2009 at 01:18 PM. Reason: please do not post websites except as described in the Posting Policy

Closed Thread