It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2003, 10:05 PM   #1
(male)

Good Vibez HB User
Post *SIGH* Do you EVER feel like this?

I am so self-conscious about my face that I do the following:

1)I refuse to do anything in the daylight with my friends. I make up some bogus excuse just to stay indoors

2) IF i do have to go somewhere, I WILL ALWAYS have my sunglasses on.

3)When I go to work out at the gym, I will have a hooded sweater on

4)I refuse to go clubbing with my friends.

Acne has totally destroyed me. I have lost all sense of motivation and confidence. I can't even look my friends in the eye! I feel like an outsider everytime I'm with a group of friends because their complexion is sooo clear, while I stand there and feel frustrated and sad. I am 20 years old and attending college. Well we all know college is the place to meet people and build relationships. With my facial condition, I don't think I will ever ask out any girls on dates because I am so frustrated with the way I look. It totally sucks because there is a girl Im real interested in, and my acne is holding me back. There is no way I will ask her out unless a miracle happens, which is very unlikely. Sorry for being so negative, but I had to let it out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2003, 10:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

micheguns HB User
i feel ya.
i am 21 and am in the same exact boat with college, friends. I hibernate and don't barely go anywhere, except maybe to the grocery store but that's about it....i dread starting school again soon. what school do you attend?
-M

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2003, 11:30 PM   #3

anth0r HB User
Man, I'm 17 and i feel the exact same way that you do. I haven't gone anywhere in about 6 months, ive had chances to get girlfriends, go out, have fun but ive always had to make up and excuse because my face. I hate it, sometimes i think its making me depressed, but i try not to think about it...i just miss how differin and clindamycin had me 100% clear this school year and stopped around march ...so now im on a new cream and its been almost 3 months and im not clear yet im getting tired of this, i think ill end up trying to get accutance from my derm if not ill just buy it in mexico, ive got nothing to lose...

Old 08-13-2003, 03:01 AM   #4

Gemmie HB User
yeah i understand. Do you ever feel inferior to everyone else, as though you are less of a person than them? i used to feel like that all the time. I felt not worthy of people talking to me and stuff.

Old 08-13-2003, 03:32 AM   #5

Hopetimistic HB User
I've been there, folks.

But things will get better for you as they have for me.

Good Vibez, as for the girl you are interested in and can't approach her because of being self-conscious about acne, maybe, just maybe, she ain't good for you. And you will find someone better and just right for you later on in life.

Life is strange at times, but there is usually some good in everything however bad it seems at the time.

Just remember that looks aren't everything, and that there are millions of acne-sufferers all over the world, but everyone can't belong to this exclusive club - think of it like a rite of passage into advanced adult mentality. If you pull through out of acne-hell, you will be a stronger person able to cope with whatever life chucks at you, whilst your feeble sheltered friends will fall behind, because they aren't used to coping with stress like you have become.

So, acne can make you or break you. I hope it makes you a much better and stronger person who is more aware and understanding of the various kinds of suffering of the people of the world all over, and tries to help alleviate the suffering of others in whatever little way you can, such as kindnesss, charity, and goodwill gestures etc.

All the Best.

I am no expert on these matters. Please consult the (supposed) experts, and seek the advice of other people as well.

Old 08-13-2003, 12:41 PM   #6
(male)

faisaljawed007 HB User
Thumbs up

very good reply hopetimistic! But even though i try to change my thoughts and dont think about my skin for a while, something always happens which again begins to remind me of this stupid acne. I used to love sunny days and play all day in afternoons but now i feel more confident coming out around evening and night times. I am also beginning college this fall and some times i think i could have enjoyed my life a lot more if i had clear skin (imagine not to feel down while talking or hanging around with other people). Also, i am a very social person but i just dont feel good going out and having fun while being so self concious about my skin. All i know is that all of us are better in a way that we handle this constant stress everyday and still live by it.

Old 08-13-2003, 02:51 PM   #7

Island Girl HB User
I know EXACTLY how you feel. I'm in your same position right about now. I haven't been out in about 6 months, I totally refuse to do anything with friends, I actually make up excuses everytime and everyday I feel disgusting. I will never set foot out of my yard until it's gone and I feel great again, I have absolutely no confidence at this point. But I know it will pass, I have my good days when my skin is better but then I have my bad..which feels like it lasts forever. My mom supports me all the way and I'm greatful for that, but these things will take time. I know this messege probably didn't do much, but I wanted to let you know that I'm with you on this and no one is alone, ever. We will beat this!

Old 08-13-2003, 09:11 PM   #8
(male)

Good Vibez HB User
Man this sucks!!!!!!!! A lot of my frens are goin to a club tonite...and I REFUSE to go because of my acne!
arrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh I HATE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Good Vibez (edited 08-27-2003).]

Old 08-27-2003, 05:02 PM   #9
(male)

Good Vibez HB User
has anyone here ever feel inferior to others because of your face?

Old 08-27-2003, 11:44 PM   #10

boardguy16 HB User
hopetimistic, i know exactly what you mean. with all the crap acne has given me, its made me much more tolerable of other things i used to hate. things that used to seem tough and frustrating are so much easier now.

Old 08-28-2003, 07:57 AM   #11

gilligan HB User
I'm with you. I know that I make bad decisions because of my acne. I avoid having to go places where people are - even the grocery store. flourescent lighting stinks! The worst was a few months back, a few days before my wedding, I got 3 new zits. in a panic, i messed with them and made them worse. well, they were absolutely huge and swollen. on the day that I should have been enjoyign myself, i was wishing that it was another week away. i just wanted to get it over with and have it be nighttime at the reception so that my skin would be hidden a little. it sucked b/c especially on your wedding day, people are staring at you and women, especially are staring at your face and hair to see how you look. UGGGHHH. i still think about it and how it was such a waste of a year planning. i had a fun time, but nothing like i had hoped. and it was only the acne that made it hard. I wish I had words of wisdom, but I would be a hypocrit to tell you "don't let it bother you". I think it helps being able to talk about it.

Old 08-30-2003, 01:37 PM   #12

hancho HB User
i've been there

Die acne die!

Old 08-30-2003, 02:22 PM   #13
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User
Smile

Good Vibez, why is acne keeping you from going clubbing? Just curious. I can understand about the daylight thing. Have you tried ProActiv? Good stuff, for me at least.

Old 08-30-2003, 06:48 PM   #14

wantsittoend HB User
two things:

im starting college this fall and am dreading having to meet new people. all my friends now me knew me b4 acne.

during this school year a girl was really interested in me and wouldve gone out with me. but i was preoccupied witht he fact that id din't ahve clear skin and i kept wondering why the hell she would want to go out with me. i felt like i she was making a mistake and i just didn't understand it. so nothing ever came of it. and i regret it.

Closed Thread