It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2003, 10:39 AM   #1

zitzapper HB User
Question b5 users

I used vitacures b5 for about 3 months and had pretty significant results, I just came across this evolution x b5 that claims to have a more potent b5. I was just curious if anyone's tried it or if all pantothenic acid is the same and I should just go for the cheaper pantothenic acid. thanks for any replies!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2003, 02:19 AM   #2

Memnoch636 HB User
Ok, I've only heard one thing about the Evolution B5, and that was not a good thing.
There is a huge difference in B5 from brand to brand. It has to do with Heat during the manufacturing. Too much heat and the whole batch is ruined. Also the quality of the products are lower.

Hey, do you take Biotin WITH your B5?

If you found a product that works, stick with it. I found some cheap B5 on the internet, and was really sorry I bought it..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2003, 12:31 PM   #3

zitzapper HB User
Question

why should I take biotin with my b5? I've never heard of that before. I take a b complex along with the b5. Have you had success with biotin?

Old 09-01-2003, 12:37 PM   #4

zitzapper HB User
what's the cheapest b5 anyone's heard of? I thought I had heard of twinlab's being on sale for like 75% off!! I can't find it though. I've been taking vitacures b5 with decent results. It's just so expensive.

Old 09-01-2003, 12:52 PM   #5

Memnoch636 HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by zitzapper:
why should I take biotin with my b5? I've never heard of that before. I take a b complex along with the b5. Have you had success with biotin?
Without Biotin your body can't properly utilize Pantothenic acid. Biotin also helps your body breakdown and use protein, folic acid, and b12.

If you take a b complex WITH (at the same time) your B5 you will actually hurt the absorbion. Some B Vitamins impare the absorbtion of B5. You should take them seperate. I have read conflicting reports on what exact vitamins, but so far I have heard that B1, B2, B6, B12 hurt the absorbtion of B5.

PS, do a search on Yahoo, or Google for a 'TwinLab pantothenic Acid" and there are a bout 12 stores that offer 55% off Twinlab products.
Usually the cheapest brands are just that, cheap.

Old 09-01-2003, 12:55 PM   #6

Product_Queen HB User
Hey,

Where do u guys get B5 from?? I live in Canada and I can't find it in any drugstore..why??

Old 09-01-2003, 03:49 PM   #7

Cynister905 HB User
Product Queen, I live in Canada too.. we have just as much access to B5 as our friends in the states do. Any health/nutrition store will be an easy place to find some. The Nutrition House chain that seems to be in just about every mall carries Swiss Natural Pantothenic acid, some will have Twin Labs and otheres "Nu-Life" the brand I now use.

There's also GNC and all the independant vitamin stores... you shouldn't have much trouble locating it, just don't limit yourself to shoppers drug mart.

Old 09-01-2003, 04:01 PM   #8

Product_Queen HB User
Thanks Cynister...I was limiting myself to Shoppers (ha ha)...I will check out GNC...How is the B5 working for you??

Old 09-01-2003, 11:07 PM   #9

Memnoch636 HB User
Exclamation

Ok, give B5 at least 3 month. Everyone is looking for a magic 'cure' for acne.
How long have you had acne? How many years? And you expect one little thing to make it go away overnight? Thats what a lot of people think anyway.
sorry, just venting my anger at others. I hope you have a good experience with B5.

Closed Thread