It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2003, 12:35 PM   #1

yem52300 HB User
Talking after accutane help

hey everybody,

it's been a while since I've posted on here. Just finished 5 months of accutane and am clear except for some tiny bumps that just sprang up. During my course I washed only with water and have continued to do so. I'm thinking I should use something but I don't know what and I don't want to go back down that road of using products that in the end do more harm than good. Any suggestions? I know this topic has been posted before so sorry for the redundancy.

------------------

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2003, 01:19 PM   #2

cured for now HB User
Hi, I also recently completed my Accutane course. I'm clear as can be...except for sometimes few tiny little ones, same as yours probably but nothing compared to the nightmare before.
Anyways...I used Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser while on Accutane and still use it now, a few months after. It works great and will not harm your skin. I'm actually surprised you only used water, you would think there would still be alot of dirt and oil on your face after splashing it with water. Hope that helps!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2003, 05:47 PM   #3

Big_Wreck HB User
i am currently on accutane, another month and a half to go and also worried about what to do afterwards. i am pretty clear for the most part, although my chin still seems to breakout. hopefully this will end before the treatment does. i am planing to use B5 after accutane as i have read others who have had success keeping their accutane results by using this. Goodluck

Old 09-02-2003, 06:07 PM   #4
(male)

senoflys HB User
go on a topical as soon as you finish. Not everybody has to do this but for me I have to because if I don't go on a topical like tazorac then the acne will come back.. I did accutane once and dind't go on a topical and it came back. The second time around i still didnt' use a topical and i'm wishing i had. So now, if i do a third course, i will definitely go on a topical. My derm never told me about going on a topical as a maintenance until after my second course .

Closed Thread