It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2008, 07:08 PM   #1
(female)

k3ya HB User
TriNessa and Acne

Hello again everyone! (not that you remember me haha) For the sake of knowing, I'm 18 and have had acne since I was around 11. I also had the nice experience of having braces and red hair to go with it. Hehe ah how character builds. Okay anyways- TriNessa...or Ortho Tri Cyclen (which confused me when I got the pills....I thought my pharmacist screwed up hehe.)

I posted here a few months ago saying that I was going to start taking BC for my acne (and to gain weight...yes I have the opposite of problems). I just wanted to go over what's happened so far and see if I'm on the right track here.

The first month wasn't too amazing. My face broke out bad. But I've come to expect this when I'm trying to find a way to fix my acne problem. (Then I also had the mood swings and everything that went with the BC...woo!)

Okay so the second month, I havn't broken out NEARLY as bad as that first month. I'm hoping this is gearing towards the right track? I read that I should wait 3 months to decide the results. I'm very hopeful, and by the looks of it this might be the trick for me.

I start on the 3rd month at the end of this week. By the way I read things, this should be the stage I see the best results? I'm hoping so! Anyone have any input on their experience?

Okay, and while I'm here I'll ask another question so I don't make 2 boards- I have a problem with uneven skin tones and rough texture. I've had chemical peels and micro dermabrasions to try to help, but nothing has worked. Maybe after my skin has cleared up I can try one of those again and it'll keep? Just a thought! :-)

(I did gain weight by the way!)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2008, 11:32 AM   #2
(female)

floridagirl1234 HB User
Re: TriNessa and Acne

What products are you using on your face?

Old 04-07-2008, 07:08 PM   #3
(female)

k3ya HB User
Re: TriNessa and Acne

I've used pro Active since I was around 13, and while it helped, it wasn't helping to the extent I would like. I tried other things but they never worked, and any time I forget to use my pro Active it seems like I get flare ups. Though usually I'm not as clear as I am now, especially being so close to a certain time of month.

Closed Thread