It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2003, 02:18 PM   #1

Product_Queen HB User
Post Really Worth It??

Hi All,

I just needed some advice from you guys..I recently came across a book called "The Acne Cure" by Terry Dubrow and was wondering if it was worth purchasing??...Does this book really contain useful information and will it really cure my problem??? Or is it a complete waste of money?? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated....

Old 08-31-2003, 02:27 PM   #2

elizabeth3388 HB User
I have tried the acne cure and it didn't work for me.
My mom saw it on some morning show doing a story about him and his book. So she wrote down the main things to do and I tried it with no luck. How bad is your acne?

------------------
~*~EliZaBetH~*~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2003, 02:51 PM   #3

Product_Queen HB User
Hey,

Thanks for your reply...I would say my acne is moderate but soooo persistant....I am also on Retin-A (about the 1st week) so maybe we should compare our progress on it?? What do u think???

Old 08-31-2003, 02:57 PM   #4

elizabeth3388 HB User
yes, I would like that. Would you like to do it on this thread or by email. Either one is fine by me.

------------------
~*~EliZaBetH~*~

Old 08-31-2003, 03:08 PM   #5

Product_Queen HB User
Hey Elizabeth,

Sounds great....We can start off by using this thread but if we find we are taking up too much space we can continue via email...What do u think??? Today I had some major redness from the Retin-A (Stieva-A in Canada) so I had to drench my face in cream just to calm down the burning feeling..How severe is your acne??? How do u find the Retin-A so far??? Maybe our posts on this subject may benefit others who are contemplating the use of Retin-A...Oh, I can't really enjoy the outdoors too much this weekend, face is soooo sore, so I was told to stay out of the sun :-(

Old 08-31-2003, 03:14 PM   #6

elizabeth3388 HB User
Queen-
That sucks that you had to stay inside! I too missed going to a football game b/c my face was peeling sooo bad, but it has stopped now. I have mild acne, around my period it gets moderate. I think so far it is doing its job, I have had these red scars on my jawline and now they are basically gone...and that happened within 6 days. I am extremely happy with it so far. What do you use to moisturize your face? Have you had an initial breakout?

------------------
~*~EliZaBetH~*~

Old 08-31-2003, 03:29 PM   #7

Product_Queen HB User
Hey,

I think I already had the initial breakout but then again I breakout pretty frequently so I can't tell what "the initial breakout" is supposed to be...Right now I have about 1 cyst and 4 regular pimples...I can't see the Retin-A doing anything yet other than smooth out the surface of my skin...Its supposed to peel and be red for 2 weeks after starting it and you should start seeing improvement after 3 weeks....I am using Complex 15 as a moiturizer (derm recommended)but its water based so I have to keep applying it every few hours....But it doesn't make me breakout...What about you?

Old 08-31-2003, 03:38 PM   #8

elizabeth3388 HB User
I was using dermalogica active moist, but I came to a conclusion that i didn't really like it. Plus I wasn't sure if it was non-comedogenic. So until I go to Walmart(tomorrow, lol) I am just using this Oil-Free Sunblock Lotion, it does very little moisturizing, but for now it will do. Complex 15? what brand? where can I get it? Did it irritate your face at all, once you started using Retin A?

------------------
~*~EliZaBetH~*~

Old 08-31-2003, 03:41 PM   #9

elizabeth3388 HB User
O! I forgot. I havent had the initial breakout either(i think) but like you, I break out frequently. Have you cut out anything in your diet to improve your acne? I dont drinker any more pop. I drink a minimum of 10 glasses of water a day and no fast food.

------------------
~*~EliZaBetH~*~

Old 08-31-2003, 03:49 PM   #10

Product_Queen HB User
Hey,

Complex 15 is the brand name and its created by dermatologists...It's called Body Lotion and its Unscented, Hypoallergenic, Non-comedogenic and Oil Free.....Its definately the best I have tried and its cheap too.....I found it at the pharmacy behind the pharmacy counter....It's made in Canada but hopefully you should be able to find it in the US.....If you can't find that try using Aquatain Lotion its really comparable to Complex 15...Both are recommended by derms......I am not too impressed with myself at the moment because I was trying to speed up the peeling process by picking the dry skin off so I put on Complex 15 again and it got rid of the redness due to picking...By the way, how old are you??? I am 26....Just goes to show acne ain't just for teens anymore....

Old 08-31-2003, 03:53 PM   #11

elizabeth3388 HB User
I am 15. I was told not to pick at the peeling skin, but to lightly rub in a circular motion. That has been working for me. Well I have to go now, but I will keep posting later tonight.

------------------
~*~EliZaBetH~*~

Old 08-31-2003, 03:55 PM   #12

Product_Queen HB User
Same here Elizabeth..No pop, only water...No fast food...Lots of fruits and veggies...I also take Vitamin E, Vitamin A and Vitamin B6....Eliminating dairy has helped alot...fewer cysts...And absolutely no nuts!!! Green tea has helped alot too...I do eat carbs though, too hard to cut that out so I don't think that sugar matters in my case...I do eat desserts and that doesn't make a difference either....Do u notice any patterns??

Old 09-01-2003, 04:22 PM   #13

elizabeth3388 HB User
Normally I don't see any patterns, only around my period is when i breakout the worst.

Today my face was extremely dry and tight. OUCH! I have noticed that I have been getting bigger pimples than i normally do, is that b/c the medicine is making all pimples come tothe surface?

------------------
~*~EliZaBetH~*~

Old 09-01-2003, 04:45 PM   #14

Product_Queen HB User
Hey Liz,

I was wondering where you were today...Anyhow, this morning I got "the initial breakout"...I have been down all day....You will know when u get the horrid breakout because my pimples are much bigger and more inflammed I would say...Been trying to get my mind off of it but its hard...I am almost done two weeks on it...The first week was amazing, seemed like it was clearing up so fast and I would wake up with no new blemishes...But at two weeks...BOOM, ugly explosion...I am worse then I was when I started...How u doing today??

Old 09-01-2003, 05:34 PM   #15

elizabeth3388 HB User
Queen-

My skin is peeling really bad, but any moisturizer I put on burns and stings. So i dont knwo what is wrong!?! I am getting 3-4 'big ones'...they dont really come to a head tho, they are just more like a form of a cyst, if that makes sense...Im sorry your really down about your breakout, but just think of afterwards and the amazing results u should get! It will be wonderful!

------------------
~*~EliZaBetH~*~

Closed Thread