It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2003, 09:16 PM   #1
Veteran

NYKID HB User
Post Anyone go tanning to help hid blemishes and acne?

Anyone go to tanning salons or take the sun to get darker and hide the blemishes and acne?

Is it worse for your skin to go into the tanning beds?

If i go i go into stand up and i mthinking about getting some sessions.

Old 09-01-2003, 09:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User
Smile

For a while it may visibily reduce the appearance of blemishes and all, but after a while it will worsen it. Tanning excessively is horrible for your skin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2003, 08:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Micheybell HB User
I go tanning here and there as well. I am not really sure if it helps or not. Sometimes it feels as if it helps and other times not.

Some derm's say it is good for your acne but not for your health. Obviously. I don't know it's your own opinion I guess.

Old 09-02-2003, 09:41 PM   #4
Inactive

sweetpoison68 HB User
I used to go tanning...i would at firsy clearup...as if the tanning were drying my skin..then BBBAAAMM ..the oil kicks back in with a venganceI clear up at first themn break out like crazy..i do feel as if having color makes them less noticable...dont forget SPF of 25or greater sunscreen on your lip area..i have perm damage from not thinking about it for years and also protect your genitalia and your nipples...please heed my advise!

Old 09-03-2003, 08:39 AM   #5
Veteran

NYKID HB User
I tried Zirh self tanner for men on my face and I broke out bad so I wont try self tanners anymore.

I dont break out from the salon at least i cant remember breaking out too bad. I do stand up or face, but since its getting colder i may be able to just do face cause ill have my body covered. Hopefully it helps a little bit.

Old 09-03-2003, 12:04 PM   #6
(female)

summer33ny HB User
That is why I love the summer! I am absolutely pale through out the year and my blemishes become very obvious. In the summer, laying out in the sun and going tanning, I get so dark that my blemishes are much less noticeable and my skin clears up a lot. I can even get away with not wearing make up for a week or two sometimes until I break out again or the tan fades. I know it's so bad for my skin, but the week I can go out make-up free and feel good about my skin is totally worth it! I'm on accutane, which has helped a lot in lessening the break outs, but the scars are still apparant. The only thing that really seems to hide them is the tanning.

Old 09-03-2003, 02:35 PM   #7

candy111 HB User
Exclamation

This is a passage from cosmogirl magazine-
"sure, your skin might clear up temporarily after tanning because the top layer of your skin gets dried out. But as your tan fades, dead skin sheds and mixes with the oil your pores produce, clogging them and causing MORE pimples."
Just thought i'd share that with you.

Closed Thread