It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2003, 04:55 PM   #1
Veteran

FuzzyWuzzy HB User
Unhappy I wont stop breaking out, help!!!!

Ok what is going on here peoples!!! I understand I ate alot of corn Fri and Sat, and I totally regret it!

But since then Ive been breaking out like nuts!!! right on the chin and on the side of the mouth and couple on the cheeks. Not huge pus filled zits or anything, but just red spots. I put BP on it, kills it and then leaves a pinkish red mark. GRRRRRRRR!!!!!! I have like 10-12 spots just since Sat!!!!! Once one is gone, another starts to form!!!!

This is ******* me right ****in off!!!!!! I put BP on it, and little as possible and it still leaves a ****in mark behind, which is now gonna take ****in years to go away!!!!!!

i feel like **** right now!!!!!!!!! I just dont get it, I eat something I know I shouldnt have, and since then the devil has been on me. I just want this nonsense to stop!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by FuzzyWuzzy (edited 09-03-2003).]

[This message has been edited by FuzzyWuzzy (edited 09-03-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2003, 06:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
Fuzzy, you need to start using Skinoren and drop the BP.Your breakouts will be less severe and no ugly red BP marks.They make take a little longer to go away,but they will be smaller and won't be red while healing.BP is gonna RUIN YOUR FACE.I know, I used it for 20 years and it destroyed my face.It only gets worse using BP.How many red marks is it gonna take for you to stop using it.You should have seen my face just before I used Skinoren.There were BP red marks piled on top of red marks and there got to be so many that you could no longer even see the color of my face.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2003, 06:59 PM   #3
Veteran

FuzzyWuzzy HB User
What is skinoreo?

Old 09-03-2003, 07:02 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
Skinoren is a gentle antiandrogen topical thats used for acne.

Old 09-03-2003, 07:04 PM   #5
Veteran

FuzzyWuzzy HB User
Well I dont get it. I put on the littliest BP on and it still leaves scars.

I wish I was one of those ppl who can get rid of a spot flawlessly as if nothing was there to begin with.

Old 09-03-2003, 07:05 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
You can with Skinoren.

Old 09-03-2003, 07:09 PM   #7
Veteran

FuzzyWuzzy HB User
how much does it cost and does ti work like polysporin? that stuff is good for zits

i just need something that will fade my red marks fast. Im using ALOE vera gel now.

Old 09-03-2003, 07:14 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
It costs $24 at inhousepharmacy but it won't do you any good if you still use the BP.

Old 09-03-2003, 07:37 PM   #9
Veteran

FuzzyWuzzy HB User
Well right now Im tryign to go more natural. I just hate putting chemicals on my face.

Old 09-03-2003, 07:58 PM   #10

lionna HB User
want to start by saying thank you and good luck to all of you on this board.. problem skin is an uphill battle, but it helps to know there are others out there supporting others on this painful journey toward clear skin..

now.. i have been breaking out everyday for about a month.. it started five days before my period.. four HUGE painful cysts on the right side of my jaw leading up to the corner of my mouth.. just before this, i was completly clear, which was SO WONDERFUL.. i thought that the four cysts would go away when my period finally arrived, but no.. my cycle ended 3 weeks ago and everyday EVERY day three to four new PAINFUL pimples and/or cysts appear.. i lost my job because it got so bad i could not bear being in public; i cant leave the house without crying.. i am severly depressed for a few hours a day, mainly after showering because it is so painful physically to wash them and emotionally to look at them.. under my chin is tender, no pimples just tender muscle and my lymph nodes were swollen until the begining of this week.. i am a strict vegetarian(no milk, eggs, fish, or animals) and just quit smoking a a month and a half ago..

i was using:

beta-hydroxy scrub called D-CLOG by JASON cosmetics(stopped cause i thought the scrub might be causing it)
glycolic acid toner by REVIVA labs
topical Benzoyl Peroxide 10% for spot treatments

now, i only use soap, and a neutrogena toner with alpha and beta hydroxy, but it has alcohol in it and i know its really bad but i have spent at least $200 on skin products and feel so guilty already i can hardly justify spending more, especially since i lost my job.. i am going to the gynocologist this week to get ortho-tricyclen.. if this doesnt work, i will surely lose my mind..

i was hoping someone could offer me some advice? or perhaps this has happened before? do you think the BCPs will help?

thanks everyone-

Old 09-03-2003, 08:57 PM   #11

iwannacookie HB User
i think if you have milder acne the best way to reduce breakouts is to avoid irritating your face and use a face mask daily followed by application of a .5% salicylic toner and the purest aloe vera you can get. the kind of aloe vera i use is so pure and fresh it has to be refrigerated. and i also don't believe you should cover your face w/make-up. just use concealer.

Old 09-03-2003, 11:01 PM   #12

binkyboo HB User
i love bp...

Old 09-04-2003, 06:43 AM   #13

Forcefed4 HB User
Fuzzy, how old are you? (this is a serious question, I think Fuzzy is a teen, but I am not sure).

It's NOT the corn that made you break out. It's your hormones. If you are in your teens, your diet alone will not stop the acne. Go talk to a professional, and get some help! You are going to drive yourself crazy if you keep blaming the food.

Kev

Old 09-04-2003, 07:12 AM   #14
Veteran

xKaShyLahx HB User
Smile

Kev, I think fuzzy is 22...from what i remember!

Fuzzy - If ur face is as bad as you say it is. Maybe you should consult a derm or G.P - just a thought!

~*K*~

------------------
*¤«´¨`·¸.¤*ººKa§hyºº*¤.¸·´¨`»¤*

Old 09-04-2003, 07:25 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by Forcefed4:
Fuzzy, how old are you? (this is a serious question, I think Fuzzy is a teen, but I am not sure).

It's NOT the corn that made you break out. It's your hormones. If you are in your teens, your diet alone will not stop the acne. Go talk to a professional, and get some help! You are going to drive yourself crazy if you keep blaming the food.

Kev
I'm beginning to actually believe this too.When I was going through my hormonal change in my monthly cycle I was eating all good healthy good for your skin foods yet I was breaking out.Now that my hormonal change for this cycle has ceased I have been eating tons of greasy food,pizza and potatoe chips and not gotten any zits at all.I was convinced for the longest time that it was food that broke me out but now I am convinced that it was all cooincidental and it is the hormones that is the culprit.

Closed Thread