It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2008, 10:01 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

amy2705 HB User
Diane-35 vs. Cyestra

For those of you who take/took Diane-35 ... have any of you switched to the new generic version that came out recently -- i.e. cyestra?

I've been on Diane for years now and it's been really good at keeping my hormonal acne in check. Went to the pharmacy for a refill and they said a generic was now available. Since it's less expensive, I thought "sure, why not" assuming the generic was identical. Well, now it's been two weeks and my face has gone mental with white heads.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm not sure if it's coincidence or if it's the cyestera.

Old 01-21-2009, 07:42 PM   #2
(female)

melodramatic101 HB User
Thumbs down Re: Diane-35 vs. Cyestra

yes I am on the third prescription of this cyestra instead of diane and my face feels like it has exploded!! yes the blackheads have turned into pimples very suddenly and I now look very splotchy! have they stopped making diane 35?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2009, 04:58 AM   #3
(female)

JaneDoe26 HB User
Re: Diane-35 vs. Cyestra

First a little back round knowledge...I never got breakouts as a teen, they didn't start coming until I was 21 or so...My doc told me it was hormonal

OK so here's what happened to me...After almost 3 successful years of using Diane 35 (acne free and my skin actually got lots of compliments) I was told I must switch to YAZ because Diane can be very risky.

So I did, and for the first few months nothing happened...except I would get these awful headaches. So I stopped BCP all together and it wasn't long before my breakouts started coming back. It was mild but still bothered me. So I went back onto YAZ and it went down hill from there.

I waiting the 3 mths for the hormones to balance but after the time past I still got massive breakouts (mine are usually around the chin area... cheeks and forehead are completely clear) So I decided to switch back to Diane mid- month cause I could not handle it anymore.

So a month on Diane no significant improvements but the breakouts had really calmed down (it usually takes up to 3 mths for diane to regulate your system) Since I only got a months worth when I switched back over to Diane I went back and the doc and he prescribed me more but when I took it to the Pharmacy they handed me the Cyestra 35 and went on about how it is exactly the same. I had a bad feeling about the switch since I've already switched once mid month and now was going to have to again. They assured me it was fine. So I took it...

I got to about day 5 of the Cyestra before I freaked out. Before Cyestra I just had a few really small pimples and just scarring from previous ones. Now I have about 5 gigantic under the skin ones all over my chin! I am absolutely ****** and knew it was the Cyestra. I look online and compared ingredients.

Although Cyestra has the same active ingredients it uses "fillers". This is what sets it apart from Diane. Needless to say I was very upset, went back to the doc and he gave me a new prescription that said "No genetic form" on it. So here I am day one of being back on Diane (still mid-month) and praying no one else uses that stupid Cyestra. Hope that helped.

Closed Thread