It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2003, 08:32 PM   #1

strange_machine HB User
Post Dimethylsulfoxide (DMSO)

Hi, i clicked on the links posted in the board to acne remedies and one of th remedies suggested was DMSO (dimethylsulfoxide) which is a woody byproduct that me be applied to acne to reduce inflammation + promote healing. I did a search on the board with keyword DMSO and i didn't see anything. I actually worked in a biochem lab and i used this stuff in the lab hehee..

but i was wondering if anyone had success with it!??! in the info it told me to buy DMSO from healthfood store, i think i may try it, but it be nice if anyone have had actual experience with it,

thanks.

Old 09-04-2003, 08:50 AM   #2

strange_machine HB User
bump

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2003, 10:13 AM   #3

GodDamnNevermind HB User
I've tried it, and I would not recommend it, first of all it has a unpleasant garlic odour, secondly it's a powerful carrier, so you have to be very careful when using it because pretty much anything on the surface of your skin will be carried through into your blood stream by the dmso. Also when I used it only made my skin worse, Maybe it was one of those worse before it gets better deals, but I didnt carry on using it to find out.

So it's up to you but be careful with it, coz you could end up poisoning yourself with it.

Old 09-04-2003, 11:07 AM   #4

strange_machine HB User
Oh that stinks =( i just bought a two ounce bottle, 99.9% DMSO + 10% aloe vera for 28 bux =(!!! arg!! anyone out there had positive result??

thanks for the info...........

Old 09-04-2003, 06:39 PM   #5

strange_machine HB User
Hi,

i just used by bottle of DMSO gel coupled with 5% tea tree oil cream...

The DMSO gel is very odourous =(, garlicky, i almost gagged when i opened the bottled. I applied it to my trouble areas underneath, then i put another layer of cream, 5% tea tree oil cream with loads of other botanicol stuff!! all these products are natural i'm using...

My face stung a bit at first, and i find that putting the tea tree cream on really masks the smell that of the DMSO gel, thank good too!!.. but yeah, it seems to be taking alot of red out of my acne, shrinking them!!!!!.. i hope it can get rid of the scars on my cheek, from the pimples that i've anxiously popped squeezed... i so regret doing that.. but yeah my face looks like it's getting better, hopefully the treatment continues to work!!

i'll keep an updated if anyone is interested.

Closed Thread