It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2003, 10:04 PM   #1

browneyedgirl77 HB User
Post ACNE CURE questions

Just a few questions for those in the know...
1. is the BHA supposed to be a wash or cream/lotion?
2. is the AHA to be in the form of a cream or lotion and is it meant to stay on the skin or be washed off?
Thanks for your help - I'm planning on starting tomorrow!

Old 09-02-2003, 10:11 PM   #2

stefhoney HB User
Wink

I use Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash for my 2% Salicylic Acic. You're supposed to wash with warm water. Get a dime sized amount of the SA and a few drops of water. Massage onto face. Leave on for a few minutes then rinse again with warm water.

I use VMV Glykeros Cream 10 for the Glycolic Acid. I put it on my face after washing of the SA and leave it on for the whole day. I don't use it at night anymore. Finally, moisturize.

BP with ice after SA wash at night.

Good luck. Keep us updated.

[This message has been edited by stefhoney (edited 09-03-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2003, 10:20 PM   #3

browneyedgirl77 HB User
Thanks, Stefhoney, how long have you been on the routine and how would you say it's been working?

Old 09-02-2003, 11:10 PM   #4

stefhoney HB User
I've been on it for over a week now and I saw results practically overnight. I'm thrilled of course.

Right now, I still have few cysts and an ordinary pimple and my skin is still a bit oily, but you should've seen my face the day before I tried the system. So horrifying. I had to beg my friends and family members to not look at my face for a while.

I'm praying that better results keep coming each day. I'm very enthusiastic about it. I hope I don't get disappointed.

So I'm ahead of you by one week. So what? What do you say we do this together and update each other how we're doing?

Old 09-02-2003, 11:29 PM   #5

browneyedgirl77 HB User
Sounds great. Have you tried lots of other treatments? I, like just about everyone (!), have tried antibiotics, accutane, retin-A (and micro), differin, tazorac, and recently as a last ditch effort I ordered ProActiv. I'm 25 and have had acne off and on for probably half of my life. What's your story? Hopefully this will be what we've both been hoping for (I'll cross my fingers for both of us!)

Old 09-02-2003, 11:39 PM   #6

stefhoney HB User
I've tried lots of topicals, retin-A, proactiv, cefalexin, minocin.

They would work for a while but they'd come back again.

I've spent thousands on dermatologists. But my acne was so bad I had to keep coming back, now I'm broke.

I've tried Diane 35 which gave me longer results but I'm cancer prone so I stopped after 5 months. After a few months, my pimples are back.

Until last week, my face was like hell. I didn't feel beautiful.

Now, my face is better. I don't wear make up anymore in hope that the system works better because of that.

Prayers to both of us.

Keep me posted, okay?

Old 09-03-2003, 07:06 AM   #7

chicane HB User
where do you guys get the glycolic acid from?

Old 09-03-2003, 07:09 AM   #8

browneyedgirl77 HB User
I have one from Aqua Glycolic - It's a cream (which, depending on your skin type you may or may not like) and I believe it's 10%. Hope this helps.

Old 09-03-2003, 07:59 AM   #9

strange_machine HB User
Hi,

stef, were all your products over the counter?

I think the neutrogena would be, but what about the AHA and the BP?

Old 09-03-2003, 08:56 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

sedulous HB User
stef, i'm glad you're thrilled!
strange machine- I can't speak for stef, but all my products were over the counter, and i didn't have much trouble finding them. The only thing that took a bit was the Alpha Hydrox- it wasn't in all the stores in my area, but did end up being in a major chain.

Old 09-03-2003, 05:19 PM   #11

stefhoney HB User
Strange Machine, my products are over the counter except the BP. I didn't think I would find it over the counter. I use Panoxyl. I'm sure you've heard of it. But apparently, like what Sedulous said, you can find it over the counter.

I also had a hard time finding the Glycolic Acid product. I tried to find Alpha Hydrox but can't find it anywhere here in my country. I was using a glycolic acid peel 8% I got from my derma before but I'm not sure if The Acne Cure calls for a "peel" so decided to look for a cream instead.

Are you thinking of following the cure too?

Old 09-03-2003, 08:23 PM   #12

browneyedgirl77 HB User
Hi Stefhoney,
I tried to get everything together to start the acne cure plan. I did everything except the ice pack but I feel pretty excited about the plan. I hope this one works... How are you doing? One question - is it okay to put on moisturizer last thing at night or does it counteract the bp? Best of luck!

Old 09-03-2003, 08:47 PM   #13

patienceandreward HB User
Hi browneyedgirl77,

I use a 'modified' version of Acne Cure; I don't wash off the BHA in the a.m.

I started the program in April and have been 100% clear in the last 2 months. For detail, pls. see my recent post w/the topic, 'Finally beautiful skin w/out oral medication'.

Old 09-03-2003, 10:42 PM   #14

stefhoney HB User
Oh, dear. Sorry, browneyes, I do not know how to answer your question. Patienceandreward has a lot of good insights though.

But I follow the cure strictly. Just my take, maybe you should skip the moisturizer at night and just use the moisturizer with sun screen throught the day. I use it once only coz my skin is already oily. But if you feel your skin is dry, you apply it throught the day.

By the way, don't ignore the ice. I feel it's really important.

Hope that helps.

[This message has been edited by stefhoney (edited 09-04-2003).]

Old 09-04-2003, 07:31 PM   #15

stefhoney HB User
I saw that too but I thought it was too much of a hassle for me to buy online when I can buy products just around the area.

Are you planning on trying them?

Closed Thread