It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2003, 08:13 AM   #1

jen56 HB User
Red face Where's the love people?

Okay, here is a post, that I am hoping more than one or at least one person will answer. Thank goodness I am popular with the people in real life, because the isolation of this place is making me feel like a loser...lol

Does anyone here use Retina if they get cysts? I really need to know this.

I get about one cyst a year always in the end of summer...So i always feel like i am free then here comes august and BAM!!

I dont like using products that bring cysts up because they never come all the way up and then i have to have them surgically removed. I am sick of this route as i have had 15 surgeries in the past 4 years.

SO, if you get CYSTS did you notice Retina making it better or worse. I would go back to accutane, but i cant take it right now because i am about to have surgery to correct a scar from a prior surgery to remove a cyst. Accutane makes your face not heal properly, so plastic surgeons cant do what they need to do.

OH this is a never ending cycle!!! My dad is 55 and just got another cyst yesterday. Things aren't looking good.

SO please show me the love my acne friends!! Any advice or experience here??

Old 09-04-2003, 08:41 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sedulous HB User
lol...here's some love for you.

I had very sporadic cysts at the time i went on retin-a, many, many moons ago. Eventually the retin-a did eradicate them, but i will stress *eventually*, because before that happened, everything was brought to the surface, and the breakout period was awful, cysts included.

What used to help me (and i don't know why I don't still do this) is to take MSM (methyl sulfonyl methane, an organic sulfur that's odorless), about 1000mg daily, and a low daily dose of zinc, about 10 mg. Took some time for that to kick in, but there was no detoxing to the surface.

And lastly, i've been doing The Acne Cure, and i haven't had a cyst, or even the threat of one for 6 weeks, and there was definitely no breakout period. The cysts i had when i started it began to slowly heal and shrink.

good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2003, 08:46 AM   #3

bpatrick HB User
I've never had a cyst. I don't even know what they are. I do use Retin-A. How much it benefits me I don't really know. I do use it sometimes (and I know it's supposed to be a bad thing ) so that the sun will affect my skin faster. That's supposed to be a big no no. Skin cancer and all.
I'd like to suggest something if you don't mind. Fasting will rid you body of toxins. It should clear up your skin completely. If you only get cysts once in a while you could fast when you see one coming. It will also keep you slim and trim and also help you live longer. There's all kinds of fasts. No food and only water is the best. Or you cold just eat fresh fruit. You can experiment with what works for you. Just my 2 cents worth of love.

Old 09-04-2003, 09:28 AM   #4

teresa26 HB User
i've been on retin-a for years. it never helped with those occasional cysts. the only thing that finally worked for that was accutane. even tetracycline didn't work for those darned cysts.

Old 09-04-2003, 01:42 PM   #5

jen56 HB User
Thanks for the love guys. I was starting to feel like I had my ad on the personals and no one was biting.

Thanks sedulous, unfortunately I do not want anything to bring the cysts up because if they come up, mine never go away and I mean never. As long as I have known my father (my whole life...lol) he has had two prominent cysts on his face. For some reason I dont think it looks bad on him, but I cant stand it on me.
Shrinking sounds good, as that what accutane seemed to do, so maybe the acne cure will be a good alternative.

As far as fasting, I fasted all the time in highschool and still had bad skin. I am not a big believer in the diet thing because I tell you what, if I drink too much alcohol several nights in a row, my face will be clear for weeks. However, that being said, I dont want to drink every night and damamge my liver.

Oh and I have used accutane three times, helped me from developing new cysts, but never healed the ones that were already there. I did hear that retina works better if someone has taken accutane before.

ANYhow: I just KNEW someone would show me the love. THANKS!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Old 09-05-2003, 06:13 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

sedulous HB User
jenfen,

I should mention, i had a couple really pernicious cysts when i started the acne cure, and it was strange what happened to them:
underneath the surface of the skin, they began to shrink, and the inflammation went way down. On the surface of the skin, a tiny whitehead would form, then kind of exfoliate away, then form a week later.

It was really like a gradual shrinking and healing... the cysts went from cysts, to mini-cysts, to a pimple, to a tiny clogged pore, to nothing. I know, having a mini cyst, or a pimple is no fun either, but it definitely beats having that hard, painful nodule lodged 20,000 leagues under the epidermis.

Good luck if you try the acne cure!

Closed Thread