It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2003, 11:18 PM   #1
(male)

misanthrope HB User
Post Acne Scars

I didn't think that my acne was creating any scars, but I've really noticed them in photographs. They are really terrible, but they don't seem that bad when I look in the mirror though.

My question is: does the scarring go away? Most adults I know don't have any acne scars whatsoever. Does the skin smoothen itself out after awhile?

Old 09-03-2003, 02:45 AM   #2

donna74 HB User
People say that they do fade to a certain degree, but if they are indented ones, I don't see how they can. I have these and they haven't gotten any better over the years. If you don't think they are obvious, they must be minor ones and there are treatments available which work best on minor scarring. Check out [url="http://www.********"]www.********[/url] there is a whole board dedicated to scar treatment.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2003, 07:36 AM   #3

SamitaChohan HB User
Hi ive also been looking for treatment to lighter my scars and ive decided to give N-Lite laser treatent ago its so expensive though £300 (im not sure how much that is in $) but if you thing anything that works let me know.

thanks

Old 09-05-2003, 12:48 AM   #4

productjunkie HB User
hello!

A good tip for acne scars is Jameison Pure Vitamin E oil which is available at any drugstore and it is around $10. Dab it on the scars before going to bed and in the morning, spritz your face with rose or orange floral water-they are natural, pure and work as toners. the vitamin e oil does not clog pores--I have problem skin and I still apply vitamin e oil on my scars and they fade fast but that obviously depends on the severity of the scars because it is pure100% oil. Hope it helps!

Old 09-05-2003, 07:55 AM   #5

U4IA HB User
I think the extent of the scarring is dependant on the type of skin. I have very fair, thin, translucent skin which would have been beautiful without acne. Unfortunately I had cystic acne so every single cyst left a scar. I had 2 dermabrasions back in the 80's after taking Accutane to control my acne. Although the scars looked better for several years, now that I am aging my scars look worse.

One of the things I've found is that getting rid of the redness in my face seems to minimize the look of the scars. Unfortunately all the harsh treatments, i.e. sunlamp, liguid nitrogen, acid peels, dermabrasion that were done to my skin have left it very red. I have recently tried Vita-K for Blotchy Skin and so far like it although I've only used it for 1 month.

[This message has been edited by U4IA (edited 09-05-2003).]

Old 09-05-2003, 08:12 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Micheybell HB User
U41A - I've been using Regenerist for red marks and old pimple spots and it's been very beneficial. It helped clear up a big cystic pimple that I had on my chin. I was extremely pleased at that being that I've never found anything that worked on those big ones so well.

Good luck.

Old 09-05-2003, 08:46 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

froe HB User
micheybell, which one are u using? the oil regenerist cream or serum?

Closed Thread