It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2003, 12:48 PM   #1

Aries_Goddess HB User
Post I got glycolic peel of ebay for 7 bucks, and.....

Hey everyone, I bought glycolic peel off ebay for about 7 bucks 70% glycolic peel and I used it a few days ago...my mom helped me, and I did everything right. And actually well there is no probably, just wondering something. Now it's only been a few days and my colored scars are actaully almost gone, I don't apply anything else on my face and I won't for a while cause I'm a little paranoid and want it to work perfectly. It says that your skin will start to peel, now I think that when ever I go to cloth my face...(wipe it with a damn cloth) it wipes little little peelings off...I'm not sure, but now finally my chin has little NOTICIBLE peelings, now are you supposed to see peeling?!...so much to were you peel it off your self like sun burns?. Please if anyone knows tell me, I put this glycolic peel on my face with the home made baking soda paste and everything on friday. I have two more peels left.

[This message has been edited by Aries_Goddess (edited 08-31-2003).]

Old 08-31-2003, 03:13 PM   #2

Entimann HB User
i don't know if it will make u peel the same way as when u get a sunburn but if it does peel you shouldn't peel it off yourself. let it come off naturally.

[This message has been edited by Entimann (edited 08-31-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2003, 03:18 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

froe HB User
where didja buy this product?

even though ur skin is peeling... are they scars going away? is it better than before?

Old 08-31-2003, 03:38 PM   #4

Aries_Goddess HB User
I got it off of ebay, you can BUY product on there too without having to bid, and thats what I did if it says "buy product" then you have the oppurtunity. And yes my skin does look better than before, the colored scars on my chin (that have been there for months) will probably...on a guess be gone in two more days. At first I was trying that peanut butter thing and I think it was working cause it looke lighter than before, but I had to stop cause I got the peel in the mail and wanted to try that instead so I did. But yeah I think that when ever I go to wipe my face whatever comes off...comes off. I mean I feel my face and on my problem areas I feel little pealings. so I guess I shouldn't try to peel it off, just let if come off.

[This message has been edited by Aries_Goddess (edited 08-31-2003).]

Old 09-01-2003, 02:52 AM   #5

Bonnie1892 HB User
I have seen that Glycolic Peel on eBay before.

A 70% Glycolic Peel is wayyyy too strong for your skin if you have never used glycolics before. Yes it will work to clear up scars and acne....but it is also the reason you probably have a bunch of redness and peeling. For better results, try starting out with the 30% glycolic peel they offer and the working up to the 50%, and eventually the 70%. I've read in some publications that even 70% is too strong for the face.....that glycolics in that concentrated amounts should only be used on the body. So be careful and if you continue to use it definitely don't use it too often.

An even better route would be to purchase a glycolic cleanser like MD Forte Glycolic II cleanser. You can get this on eBay, from dermatologists, or on some internet websites. This would be better for you because it still has a high amount of glycolic acid like you want (more stable, too), it will reduce acne and discoloration over time, and since it is rinsed off immediately after application (or after a few minutes if you choose to leave it on) it will be much less irritating to the skin. I have seen great results in a short period time with this cleanser....it is the only form of glycolic acid I use.

Hope this helps!
Bonnie

Old 09-01-2003, 12:09 PM   #6

cured for now HB User
Question

Bonnie,

You said glycolic could help remove scars. I have some acne scars on my back, they're basically surface scars...not the pitted kind. Like right on the surface layer or 1 layer underneath, you know what I mean? And they're not the discolorations. Well, how effective if at all do you think glycolic would be for me?

Thanks

[This message has been edited by cured for now (edited 09-01-2003).]

Old 09-01-2003, 12:49 PM   #7

jamie157 HB User
Hey Aries_Goddess:

All i can say is that jumping straight into a 70% glycolic peels is crazy. That is incredibley strong. i am using 50% lactic peels, basically equivalent to say %10 glycolic. They are very mild, but are one of the best treatments for pigmentation (red marks).

All I have to say is MOISTURIZE! with SUN PROTECTON. Just think all that dead skin, plus a few other layers are gone now. This new fresh skin is VERY sensitive. This can cause sunburns, irritation and lead to skin cancer.

Hope all goes well though.

Old 09-01-2003, 01:08 PM   #8

Aries_Goddess HB User
Well...it's too late now, and my face is just doing fine. I do have rough skin that heals fast anyways, so oh well. I don't get rashes or puffy rednesses or anything like that, I'll be alright. I'm going to keep using it untill I run out (two more peels I believe) this friday I have to do my second one, nothing is going wrong.

[This message has been edited by Aries_Goddess (edited 09-01-2003).]

Old 09-05-2003, 08:44 AM   #9
Inactive
(male)

froe HB User
hi i need some help

i'm currently on accutane and it is almost clearing me. However, I have lotsa scars/redness & blemishes and I need some help with the healing process. I'm currently using regenerist since i've heard so many good reviews about it. However, I want the scars to heal faster so i'm thinking of buying so glycolic peels from ebay. Should I start on 30%? 50%? 70% i don't know... plz reply i need some advice

Old 09-05-2003, 03:52 PM   #10

osr1234 HB User
I have read that during Accutane treatment and about 6 month after, a person should not have any laser, microdermabrasion or peels done. I am on Accutane right now, just over a week, and my skin feels more sensitive than ever. Also, I had several peels done last year at the dermatologist office while I was on Retin-A, and I remember I had to stop using Retin-a a week before the peel as well as a week after the peel. Since Accutane is some form of vit. A (and much stronger one), it might have the same effect. I would recommend to ask your derm about that.

Old 09-05-2003, 03:58 PM   #11
Inactive
(male)

froe HB User
another question, when u apply glycolic peels, how often do u apply it? everyday? every other day? once a week? thanks

Closed Thread