It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2003, 11:03 PM   #1
Veteran

AccutaneAvenger HB User
Post First day of new job..........AAAAAAARGGGGGHHH!!!!!!!!

You will probably find this story very hard to believe (I am so darn angry myself), but I promise you it is 100% true.

As soon as I woke up for the first day of my new job, I looked myself in the mirror and thought 'Horray, I look very acceptable, and things have cleared up nicely. I felt really good.

At lunch time I was feeling really run down and drained (like I did the day before), so I went to sick bay and rested for two hours. When I was lying in that bed, the following words most accurately reflect what went thru my mind:

"I can't believe I'm clear, since this is the first day of a new job. I mean, I have NEVER EVER EVER been clear for the first day of a new job - I usually get some frightful breakout just before. Hah - my stupid superstitions for once didn't come true...HORRAAAAAAY! Sucked in acne!!!"

Then at 3pm that day I went to the bathroom, and there was a mirror there of course. I totally freaked out!!!! I saw these red spots all across my forehead! I thought OMG!!!! For a start, I never get spots on my forehead, and just THE DAY I start a new job, I don't just get one there, I get
tonnes of them!!! Great! I swear they weren't there this morning. Sigh...

I knew my feelings about first days at work were more than mere superstitions!!!!

Then in the afternoon they got really itchy....

Then I got home and got in the bath and saw these spots strewn from shoulder to tummy. I thought ***! Then I went straight to the net and typed in 'chicken pox symptoms' and saw everything I had on these sites -mouth ulcers, rundown, headaches, symptoms of colds, fever, itchiness, spots, pain in eyes etc.

So I went to the doctor's that night, and he confirmed that I do have chicken pox. I didn't realise how bad this thing was until now. I have what appears to be the most severe bout of acne you have ever seen, from literally my head (yes the scalp) to my toes. I have now over 550 lesions, and only the minority have scabbed.

The pain and discomfort has been so intense throughout my whole body. I have had many illnesses before, such as really intense burns on my body, a fall which caused my head to split open requiring emergency surgery, black eyes, broken limbs, more than one bike accident causing bad grazing, spider bites, a ruptured eardrum and terribly bad sun burns. However, this chicken pox is without a doubt more painful than any of the above.

I am offering all this pain up for all those who will die today, and trying to accept it from God as cheerfully as possible. Mother Theresa says that suffering is God's gentle embrace, a avenue He can use to call you closer.

Anyway, can't wait till the next time I start a new job (not!!!)

Words can't describe how horrible I feel,
The Accutane Avenger
And I shall be clothed again with my SKIN, and in my flesh I shall see God." [Job 19:25]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2003, 06:13 AM   #2

Forcefed4 HB User
Well, that stinks that you got chicken pox. And the older you are when you do get them, the worse they are. That's why lots of parents TRY to make their kids get chicken pox when they are younger (since you can only get this once). Haven't you ever heard the joke about when one neighborhood kid gets chicken pox, parents usually make ALL the neighborhood kids play together? There is actually some truth to that.

I know for adults chicken pox can be very bad. Make sure you rest up, and listen to your doctor. What you have is NOT acne at all...so now you get to focus on something else. I am sure you will be back on your feet in no time

Kev

Old 09-07-2003, 11:56 AM   #3

luckydude HB User
>> That's why lots of parents TRY to make their kids get chicken pox when they are younger (since you can only get this once). <<

Umm...this is not true. My sister had chicken pox when she was little and she got it again at the time that I had it. So you CAN get chicken pox more than once.

Old 09-07-2003, 12:00 PM   #4

Forcefed4 HB User
OK, well your sister was a RARE case. It does happen, but not often...here's a quote off the 'net about that happening:

"Acquiring chicken pox almost always gives the child lifelong immunity to the disease. The severity of the chicken pox infection does not seem to significantly affect this immunity. In other words, whether you have five lesions or 205 lesions, the immunity is for the most part the same.

There are some who after having a very mild case of chicken pox later have problems with a type of reactivation called herpes zoster or "shingles". Getting more than one episode of chicken pox has certainly been reported, but it is very uncommon in those people with normal immune systems. Those with immune deficiencies including HIV have a much increased risk of having more severe problems with viruses including the chicken pox virus."

Almost ALWAYS gives lifelong immunity to the disease. Sorry I wasn't more specific, but you know what I meant

Cya!

Kev

Old 09-07-2003, 12:52 PM   #5

anth0r HB User
Hey dude, at least chicken pox can clear up wayy faster than if it was acne...dont stress

Closed Thread