It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2003, 06:41 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

bunny9987 HB User
Talking Accutane!

Well its been 8 weeks I am perfectly clear! I was writing on this board back in may-june. What I bascially notice is my face isn't oily. My face was very oily before accutane. I went on accutane after I became "immune" to proactiv. It was horrible, and disgusting. When I first started taking accutane the first 4 weeks, my face was soo gross, I felt like I didn't look human. I kept thinking o my gosh how can this possibly get better. But it did!!!
Side effects are few, I just always have to keep applying aquaphor on my lips, and I put vaseline in my nose. I've had 2 nosebleeds in 8 weeks, both were my fault, because I didn't keep up with the vaseline. The only other side effect I had was I had rashes on the back of my hands. All pretty minor considering I look beautiful again.
I was hemming and hawing about taking the accutane because of this board. Its a piece of cake!! I am 25/f. But I guess I do agree its def. not for everyone.

Old 09-07-2003, 06:52 PM   #2

Scooterman HB User
Glad to hear accutane worked so well for you!

Might I ask.....do you have any redmarks left over from previous breakouts? Because I'm virtually 100% clear of active pimples/oil at this point but I still have quite a few redmarks.

Anyway hope your skin stays clear!!! Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2003, 07:03 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

bunny9987 HB User
Wink

My initial outbreak was on the sides of my face. Like on my upper cheeks. It was soooooo bad,it was encrusted with cysts. so yes I still do have red marks and some peeling but they are fading fast. When I wear makeup you can't see them at all. I still feel conscious because I remember how bad it was, and then I look in the mirror and I am sooo happy. The worse part was the PAIN, my face hurt soooo bad, it felt like needles were sticking out of my face, especially when I had to wash it. I hated rubbing the cleanser over that area. But let me tell you it is worth it!! but I would never want to do that again.

Closed Thread