It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2003, 06:30 AM   #1

Sahuja1 HB User
Post GLYQUIN PRESCRIPTION BLEACHING CREAM?

Hi!
Has anyone's derm prescribed Glyquin bleaching cream for their dark spots left over from acne?? If so, did it work?

Old 09-05-2003, 08:15 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Micheybell HB User
I received a sample of bleaching cream from my derm. I believe it was the Glyquin Cream. I found it to be very harsh on my skin and I didn't see results w/ it.

I started using Regenerist by Oil of Olay and it's greatly reduced redness and old pimple spots on my face. There are other postings from other individuals who have had success in reducing redness w/ Regenerist.

I'd recommend giving that a shot first. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2003, 03:57 PM   #3

Sahuja1 HB User
Hey Michy,
How long did you use the Glyquin and how did it impact your skin (redness, dryness etc)?? I am able to control my breakouts now but it is so tough to get rid of old spots!! I have tried Alpha Hydrox and stuff and it works to an extent but just somewhat. I want something stronger which really wipes the spots out... Anyone else have any experience with this or any alternative prescription bleaching cream?? Thanks!

Old 09-08-2003, 05:13 AM   #4

gilligan HB User
Question

I'm still looking myself. I have tried bleaching creams and they say it takes up to 6 months. but i still don't see improvement. my spots are dark brown, not red. i have been using alpha hydrox enhancing cream at night only, but it has made me break out. i'm trying to give it more time, but you all know how frustrating that can be. trying to get rid of spots, but causing more zits that will leave more dark spots. ugggh! It stinks b/c usually when I have no zits, I'd be psyched. but now it looks as though I have zits b/c I have all these brown spots. should i try regenerist? or does that only help reduce redness?

Closed Thread