It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2003, 12:49 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Micheybell HB User
Post Message for PRODUCT QUEEN

Hey girl, I just wanted to check in with you to see how you were doing. I read your post from Aug. about you being upset and all. I used to go through it bad until I finally convinced myself that this was no way to live. I wouldn't feel like eating or doing anything b/c I'd constantly be reminded of how nice everyone else's skin was. I was pregnant in March and having a really hard time w/ the acne .. I miscarried after that. I think it was due to the stress and all. How foolish of me. After I stopped dwelling on it and touching it etc... things got better. They really did. The stressin' does not help. I'd go for walks and exercise, watch TV if you can and read. The important thing we have to remember is that life can be a hell of alot worse. I survived 9/11 (I worked in 2 WTC on the 99th floor) and I swore after that, that I'd never let things bother me the way they did. I use that as sort of an inspiration. There are people out there who have cancer, aids, people in wheel chairs b/c they're paralized etc... we have to be happy for the other things that we have and stop worrying about the acne. It is hard, I know that b/c I deal with it too. Eventually, even if it takes months or years, the acne will go away. I pray everyday and will continue b/c I don't have anything to lose. I stopped all the antibiotics both oral and topical. Right now I am trying to use as little as possible.

Hang in there. You have support here.

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2003, 12:59 PM   #2

Product_Queen HB User
Thanks so much for your concern, it means a lot to me to hear others stories..I am really sorry about the rough situations that you had to deal with...You are so right that others can have it so much worse than me...I fear being so ungrateful at times...I don't know why day by day it is becoming such and obsession to have my clearer skin back...I think I will go out and buy some vitamins to help with the stress...The problem with myself is that my surroundings are mostly made up of superficial ppl who never experienced acne in their life and constantly stare at me when I see them...Its tough having the confidence to look them in the eye like this..I do need to distract myself more...The biggest support of all has been this message board...Many times in my head I go over what amazing ppl like urself tell me and it gives me more hope and the positive frame of mind that I need to fight this thing....How do u find ur skin is doing without all the medications?? I wish you all the best and if u ever need any support I am here for you...

Old 09-03-2003, 07:06 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Micheybell HB User
Hey ProductQueen, I'm glad I can be of support to you. I totally understand your feelings. It's hard .. especially when you are surrounded by people w/ great looking skin. But beneath that great looking skin lies greater more serious problems for some of them. The more you relax and forget about it the better it will begin to look. I personally feel all the medecine does is make the situation worse if not right away give it a few months. I actually cut bangs in my hair b/c my forehead was bothering me. I just went to the derm. yesterday and all he does is opens up the pimples and sprays them w/ the cold air. He does that every 2 weeks. I do not use any antibiotics anymore. And I feel alot better that I don't. My skin looks better now too. You just have to give it time. I use Neutrogena On The Spot Treatment (which is 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide) on those stubborn zits. I moisturize daily and that's it for me. Even if my skin does not look great, it feels better than it ever did. The less the better.

Thank you for your support and I'm here too if you need to chat.

Old 09-03-2003, 07:25 AM   #4

Product_Queen HB User
Hey Michey,

I used ur advice yesterday about forgetting about my face by watching tv, reading ect, and as a result I slept soooo well...I also noticed that although I still have major breakouts on my face, the skin tone is much smoother...When I would stress about my face the next morning my face would be all blotchy....Also, I was reading the news yesterday and ur right some ppl have such major problems and I was dwelling on something so small in compairason to what some ppl have..Sounds like the less is more technique is working for u because u are irritating ur skin less by not using all the lotions and potions...Anyhow, thanks again for ur advice..

Old 09-08-2003, 12:28 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Micheybell HB User
Product Queen,
I'm glad to hear that you did well with what I said. It does help so much to be more relaxed and less stressed. Stress is a major cause of some serious illnesses including Acne. Try not too touch or look if it bothers you that much. That is what I do and my skin is alot smoother and it heals much faster.

I'm going to start Yoga classes this week and see if this helps me at all.

Good luck to you - again, I'm here to chat if you feel down.

Old 09-08-2003, 01:55 PM   #6

Product_Queen HB User
Hey Michey,

How u holding up these days girl???? You sound frustrated today and I don't blame you...I have my ups and downs all the time...Mostly downs though :-( Well thanks for your message....I am working on the stress facor these days.....So hard when u see bumps keep on coming....Have u tried getting cortisone shots for ur acne??? I am seriously considering it these days...At least it will give me a couple of good days!!! What do u think about this procedure??? Have u thought about it???

Closed Thread