It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2008, 09:51 AM   #1
(male)

K10101 HB User
Slight Acne Scaring and Blemishes?

Last year, when I was 15, I broke out into some moderate to severe acne. After trying some over the counter products, I went to the dermatologist who eventually subscribed me some pills that worked wonders in getting rid of my acne. I had moderate to severe acne for several months before it went away.

Because of this, my skin has developed some slight scarring and blemishes from the more severe pimples. It has been almost a full year now since my acne has gone away and my skin seems to still be healing. Although I am glad to have clear skin again I am depressed by the scars that I might have to carry for the rest of my life.

I don't want to resort to extreme things such as plastic surgery or anything either, unless it;s my last choice. Those things cost alot and usually have a long recovery period that I couldn't really deal with in this time of my life.
I would prefer suggestions of creams or possibly pills.

Also, will the scars heal up anymore without treatment? It's been less then a year since the acne went away so I think my skin is still healing, but is it possible that the scars are just temporary while my skin continues to heal?

Currently I am using some general neutrogena skin care products that help make my skin feel better and more comfortable, but arn't specific for acne scars. I am going to make another appointment with a dermatologist but I was wondering if any1 here has had similar problems and what they did about it. The scars aren't to bad. Any recommendations?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2008, 07:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

waterlily HB User
Re: Slight Acne Scaring and Blemishes?

If the dented scars can't heal within the first month or two of ocurrence, they won't heal without the help of products. I had a few pitted acne scars that were about 2mm deep and what got rid of them were the use of Silkia camellia oil and Epidermx microdermabrasion cream. It took over a year of faithful use to get results. It might be a little faster for you since you said your scars aren't that bad.

Closed Thread