I am so fed up. I've tried 4 different borth control pills. They all cleared up my skin, but I was allergic to them all. I tried Retin-A, it helped quite a bit, but I had an allergic reaction to it. I tried minomycin (antibiotics), they worked but I ended up having an allergic reaction to it. I tried Roaccutane, but had an allergic reaction to it. I've never been allergic to anything else in my life except acne cures... has anyone else had a similar problem?
* By 'allergic reaction' I generally mean high blood pressure, insomnia, nausea, jaundice... all the nasty stuff.
Strangely enough, I just found out I have Oral Allergy Syndrome by accident. Last night I ate a dessert that had fresh kiwi and strawberries. My lips swelled up and it felt like I had been stung by bees. My gums started itching too. Well, I didn't think much of it because I have always gotten that kind of reaction but milder when I eat certain fresh fruits (tingly mouth, no big deal). My hubby thought it was really weird and so I looked in the internet for some answers and VOILA!! Oral Allergy Syndrome and I'm also allergic to aspirin/ibuprofen (hives on my face). I just think that maybe I am very very veeeeeery sensitive to anything. Hence, I am very careful (maybe too careful--obsessively) about ingredients on products for my skin since I am acne-prone (again, SENSITIVE).
I've tried very hard to find products that have minimal to non-existent non-comedogenic ingredients in them. Those people that believe "natural" ingredients are the way to go, think again! There are organic ingredients that can cause sensitive people (EX. acne-prone people) to break out. So, just because the label says "non-comedogenic" doesn't mean you are safe. You just might be sensitive or prone to break out with any ingredient on their list. It's a hit or miss unfortunately. We need to isolate ingredients by comparing them to other products and individually find what is okay or not.