It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2003, 07:23 PM   #1

jenguard82 HB User
Angry I am so tired of this bs

I swear, I try so hard to keep my face from breaking out. I am so frustrated right now because yesterday it wasn't bothering me but today is a different story. I swear acne ruins my life. I am supposed to hang out with this guy who I am really into tomorrow and I want to look good. I haven't gotten to see him in a while so tomorrow is like my only chance. But I don't want to go if I am going to be in a bad mood about my acne or be embarrassed if he sees me with my bumps. This really sucks so bad. Sometimes I wish I could crawl in a hole and just die.

Old 09-08-2003, 07:29 PM   #2
(female)

amb1 HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by jenguard82:
I swear, I try so hard to keep my face from breaking out. I am so frustrated right now because yesterday it wasn't bothering me but today is a different story. I swear acne ruins my life. I am supposed to hang out with this guy who I am really into tomorrow and I want to look good. I haven't gotten to see him in a while so tomorrow is like my only chance. But I don't want to go if I am going to be in a bad mood about my acne or be embarrassed if he sees me with my bumps. This really sucks so bad. Sometimes I wish I could crawl in a hole and just die.

Trust me, my husband met me when I looked, what I thought was, absolutely disgusting. He tells me I am beautiful everyday and reminds me to think highly of myself. Someday, this guy will come for you. Who knows, it might just be tomorrow! Always think the best. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be.

Take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2003, 09:08 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

DoOoOoM HB User
What kind of treatment are you on???

Old 09-09-2003, 04:34 AM   #4

jenguard82 HB User
All I do is wash my face with St. Ives Apricot Scrub. I have been using this for about 2 years. I am also on ortho tri-cyclin (birth control pills). It's supposed to clear you face but I have been on it for like a year and a half with no results. I am afraid to use the acne products because last year I had a bad experience with them. I used about 3 different kinds all at once and I had a major break out the next morning. After that I stoped using them. That major break out left me with those red marks that take a year to go away. They are gone now but I still get white head pimples. It sucks.

Old 09-09-2003, 07:29 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Micheybell HB User
Jenguard, I too suffer from acne. I never had the problems that I've had this year. I have alot of white heads too. I think you're on the right path staying away from the acne med's is a good choice, in my opinion.

As I mentioned above my major problems w/ acne came about this year and no better time. I got married this year and my face was a mess. I worried about it too much that it got increasingly worse. Try not to stress. It's easier said than done, I know but believe me if you keep the stress to a minimum it will be only of a benefit for your skin and your health in general. As I mentioned in another post, life could be a heck of alot worse. There are people who have been diagnosed w/ life-threatening illnesses. They live everyday in fear of dying or getting so sick that they will not be able to function. I know it's hard to look at it this way but it's true. Acne eventually will go away on it's own, it may takes months to years but it will go away. In the meantime, try your hardest not to stress it only makes it 1000 times worse. (Speaking from experience).

I am currently using regenerist on occasion to lighten red areas on my face from old zits. It helps greatly. I stopped all antibiotics (both oral and topical) I also went off the pill. Maybe you should consider going off the pill. I did break out minimally when I went off but it's already beginning to clear up.

PS - I'm starting a Yoga Class this week, I hear it's great for acne and stress I'll let ya know how that goes. Good luck.

Old 09-09-2003, 08:11 AM   #6

electronic_star HB User
know how u feel jen...dun worry too much abt it..
yeah i have lotsa days when my face is a total wreck and i don't even want to step out of the house...
but you know what, there are plenty of guys out there who can really see into your inner beauty...so let that shine !! = )

Old 09-09-2003, 01:28 PM   #7
Veteran

FuzzyWuzzy HB User
Jen -

I know how you feel. Im somewhat in the same situation, except I dont even get to meet any girls period, cause I have no confidence to approach or talk to them, unless I am in the dark or something. But as far as approaching them in the day with all that light, forget it.

The sad thing, I know I get lots of oppurtunities...but I just dont make any use of them. I would love to change that, but I first would have to get some confidence back. Im not saying I have to be the most confident man on the block, but if I have have some that would surely help.

Old 09-09-2003, 02:09 PM   #8

jenguard82 HB User
Fuzzy,
I wish I lived around you so I could give you a hug and tell you that you are beautiful. I am going to go over his house tonight and no matter how much my face is bothering me I am going to have the best time I can have. Let me tell you, I have acne. It probably isn't as bad as I make it but to me it is bad because I am the one who has it on my face. Just like to you, yours looks bad to you but I can assure you that people don't see it like you do. Last year, I stopped living my life, I lost all my friends, my boyfriend, hope, and I almost lost my family because of all the drama I went through over acne. I quit college, and work. I am back on my feet now and I am working full time, almost done with school and I have a brand new yellow mustang convertible. Not to mention tons of guys who are waiting in line for a date with me, go figure. Me? With all the acne? The truth is people don't see the acne that I see on my face. They don't look at me and judge me just because my face isn't perfect. Nor do people judge you on yours. Look past your face for a day, and see all the other people who have acne. Basically no one has a perfect complection. You, me nor anyone else is alone in this. I can't believe how positive I am being right now because my face is still bugging me, but this is how we should be. Forget acne for it will forget you in a few years and you won't have to worry about it. But until then, live your life, go up to girls. Have confidence in yourself and in areas that you might lack like having a "perfect complection", you can make up for like having a kind and compassionate heart. So go out and get those girls, tiger!! LOL

Old 09-09-2003, 03:47 PM   #9
Veteran

FuzzyWuzzy HB User
Unhappy

Jen

Well I wish I could just talk to girls like that. But it wont happen...Its just something i want, but wont get - confidence. Ah well, we cant have everything in life. Its just too bad confidence plays such a crucial role in everyones personality.

Closed Thread