It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2008, 10:34 AM   #1
(male)

Joelh85 HB User
Nicomide T-gel not being produced anymore??!! I need help!

yes, its my first post.. but i seriously need help

I just went to my dermatologist yesterday and i was not happy with my visit to be honest.. i left very disappointed. I went to see my derm to see what i could use instead of nicomide-t gel (I heard it wasn't being produced anymore?), and he pretty much didnt give me an answer. He told me i could use retin-A 0.1%. But I dont need that right now.. I dont want to use it. Its not the product im looking for.

I first wash my face (Acne medication, Bezoil peroxide Cleanser with granule) I then use erythromycin. After that my skin gets a lil hard, dry and very shiny. I then use the nicomide-t gel all over my face to smoothen it out a lil and make it look dry. I then use a moisturizer on the lower part of my face because if I do all over my face, my skin gets and looks very very oily after an hour.

Im not sure what to do right now.. Anybody know a similar product to Nicomide-t gel? or.. does anybody have tips on what i can do or use? I think that gel works perfect for my skin... any other gels out there? anything? I need help..

If you guys need more info let me know, i just need help. It feels like the product was perfect for my face and now its not being produced. Im not sure what to do.. should i try a different derm? Im tired of wasting money. I mean, its worth it, but i dont have much.

Last edited by Joelh85; 07-03-2008 at 10:44 AM.

Old 08-11-2008, 02:48 AM   #2
(female)

loulou9979 HB User
Re: Nicomide T-gel not being produced anymore??!! I need help!

I have just been prescribed Nicomide Gel by my GP, recommended by my Dermatologist. I have been diagnosed with hormonal acne, too much free testosterone causing it, I am 28yrs old and have been suffering with it on and off now for 8 years! I was taking a combination pill called Dianette for about a yr and half, which worked wonders! I had the skin I dreamed of! But decided to stop taking it thinking my skin was free from it forever, I was so wrong... I have now found that as I am an occular migrane sufferer my GP cannot prescribe me the Dianette as it doubles the risk of stroke, so I have to control it with antibiotic lotion Zineryt and now this Nicomide Gel. Only been using for about 4 days, not long enough to see results, hoping this will work. Get to your GP and see if they can prescribe it to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2011, 02:10 PM   #3
(female)

su ghosh HB User
Re: Nicomide T-gel not being produced anymore??!! I need help!

Hi,

I have been an acne sufferer for a long time with periods of clear skin.
Nicotinamide or niacinamide 4 % along with clyndamycin 1% topical gel under the brand name faceclin (in india,my place of origin) is one of my favourite gentle yet effective acne medication when use in conjunction with a 2 % salisilyc acid face wash.
This combination of drug is sadly not available in US.
One way to obtain nicotinamide is to search the web for the brand you prefer.
I am sure I have seen Nicomide T gel as being available online...if thats an otion for you.
Best is if you can make your point clear to a dermatologist that you are looking specifically for a niacinamide/nicotinamide topical gel/cream prescription.

Closed Thread