It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2003, 08:58 AM   #1

knut HB User
Post What do you use to make that one big pimple go away (before an important day)?

does anyone have any good remedies or products that they use, probably overnight, that normally works well to kill a pimple?

I have something important going on Thursday, and want to at least flatten this huge thing on my face. The only thing I can think of right now is putting BP on it overnight.... Any other suggestions?

Old 09-09-2003, 09:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Micheybell HB User
If I catch a big one early on I use BP and it helps. Otherwise I've tried the Regenerist Serum and that helped reduce the size of a huge zit I had. It took 2 days but it was well worth it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2003, 10:01 AM   #3

fightinghypo HB User
Is the Regenerist Serum an Olay product?

Old 09-09-2003, 10:14 AM   #4

knut HB User
I just woke up with this one; it wasn't really there last night, and still no sign of a white head of anything; just a big nasty bump. ARgggggg. I already use the 5% benzoyl peroxide and the olay regenerist serum. I am thinking I'll pick up some 10% BP before I go home today, just try putting it on this MUTANT THING growing on my face over night and see how it looks tomorrow. The thing is though, I still am very pale-skinned, and sensitive, so I'm gonna have to be careful using something so strong.

This just sucks the big one.

Old 09-09-2003, 11:31 AM   #5
Veteran

DenverGal HB User
You can go to the derm and they will give you a shot of cortisone to get rid of it. But if that's not an option, get some hydrocortisone cream and put it on it a few times a day. It can get rid of a zit in a day or so. But do not do this very often. It weakens the skin permanently and can cause scarring, so certainly don't put it all over your face or use it every day. But using it periodically is okay.

Good luck

Old 09-09-2003, 12:04 PM   #6

knut HB User
Thanks DenverGal; I won't be able to go to shot, and I've never used the Hydrocortisone before.

Think that's a better option that trying to kill it with the BP? I wonder what alternating the two would do.... probably end up making it worse.

Jeez, I know that I'm just getting stupid worrying about this; but I thought that I was finally getting lucky thinking that my face would be relatively clear and then ... NOPE. Amazing how it can just litterally ruin my day and put me in a crappy mood.

Old 09-09-2003, 03:38 PM   #7

Sweetie1 HB User
I heard visine for red eyes is good to take the red out of a pimple. Not for use everyday, though. Just maybe for the special day. I have also heard of derms. give shots to take the swelling out.

Old 09-09-2003, 06:33 PM   #8
Veteran

DenverGal HB User
BP will work, but it takes a little time. If you have something important coming up then try the Hydrocortizone, it even helps with cysts.

But I do think that some of the things that people suggested work for long term maintenance. The cortizone is just a quick fix. Hope that helps.

Old 09-09-2003, 07:16 PM   #9
(female)

amb1 HB User
I had a few prednisone pills left over after my derm gave them to me when I was really, really BAD. So I saved a few and use a couple if I want to deflate all my breakouts before an event.

Old 09-09-2003, 07:46 PM   #10
Inactive

crazyabout blue HB User

advil

Old 09-10-2003, 06:27 AM   #11

knut HB User
Alrighty...... Well, I popped a few advil yesterday, and just took a couple more this morning. Going to try and remember to take a couple every 4 hours or so today.

Of the two new pimples that I woke up with yesterday; one of them came to a head and is dying down; but of course; still very obvious. I'm trying to concentrate the BP on that one (I bought some 10% last night). The other one is still just a huge lump. I put hydrocortisone just on the actual pimple this morning and the swelling seems to have gone down a bit, so I'm hoping that repeating the hydrocortisone after work, and then before bed will do the trick.

I will probably be having pictures taken this weekend. ARGGG. That's the worst. Sometimes pictures will hide the imperfections and other times if the angle/lighting is juuuuuust right, I swear it makes them glow....

Closed Thread