It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2003, 02:36 PM   #1

badtzjunk HB User
Post Sunblock for the body ... recommendations ?

Are there any sunblocks that are available that aren't 'greasy' feeling, or doesn't leave any type of residue on the body?

I'm trying to find a sunblock that I can wear everyday to work/school/etc. and not have that 'sticky/grease' feeling on my skin....

[i would assume it would mostly be for the neck/arms areas, as I would most likely use a different sunblock for the face]

thanks for any help!

Old 09-08-2003, 03:18 AM   #2

22Girl HB User
I use Neutrogena moisturizing facial lotion SPF 15 on my face and it's not greasy and has never caused me to break out. I don't get acne on my body so I use any old sun block for that, but I"ve heard that baby and toddler sunblock is really light and better for acne prone skins

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2003, 06:46 PM   #3
(male)

FargoUT HB User
Banana Boat's VitaSkin lotion is the best for body skin. It doesn't leave the skin greasy or oily, and it has a nice scent. I personally prefer to use Sea & Ski since it is far cheaper. It has Astazanthin, which is apparently 100 times more effective than Vitamin E. I don't know if I agree, but it's a nice thought and hasn't done anything bad to my skin. It does seem to be more greasy than VitaSkin, but it hasn't broken me out. I also like how it leaves my skin feeling after a while (it leaves a sticky feeling for about thirty minutes until it has absorbed in completely).

Old 09-09-2003, 09:28 PM   #4

badtzjunk HB User
If my purpose isn't to clear up skin problems on the body [just to get a good sunscreen w/out having the oily/greasiness] .... would that open up some more product choices?

Also, which SPF is best? Is higher necessarily better?

thanks!

Old 09-10-2003, 02:18 PM   #5
(female)

Susannah HB User
I like the Jason brand of sunblocks. I haven't had any problem at all with them breaking out my skin. They're a little thick when they go on, but they absorb very easily.

Susannah

Closed Thread