It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2003, 02:01 PM   #1
Veteran

TiredOfThisAll HB User
Talking Post accutane wrap-up

Well, I can see no one missed me or noticed I was gone, but I haven't been here for about 2 months.. why? because ive been completely clear. For those who read my accutane journal, i had pretty severe acne all over my face/chest/back.. it was horrible and it damaged my self esteem so much. I went on accutane, and got up to 120 mg per day during the 4th month i believe.. i stayed on for 6 months, the last month being just 40 mg a day. And im happy to say that I am completely clear with no scarring. There is still a few marks on my chest, but nothing that matters.

I can't begin to explain the freedom I now have. Before I wouldn't sleep out because i was too embarrased to wake up with new zits that people could see, and i would feel wierd using someone elses pillow, because my face would be all over it. I couldn't take off my shirt. I couldn't be social really. I still went out, but I never really enjoyed myself. I stopped doing a lot of things that I enjoyed.

Now that i'm clear I go out whenever i want, i go to the pool at least once a day, play sports, walk around with no shirt on, when i shower i don't take hours.. i just go in.. wash my hair.. rinse my face with water, and go out.. i can sleep anywhere i want (this includes sleeping at girls houses or with girls).. i've got a new girlfriend.. and my ex-girlfriend is trying to get me back (not to brag)..

What they say is true, when its not there you really don't think about it. My acne was so bad that i would look at people who do have some acne and just assume they didn't have any.. so i would feel more alone and uncomfortable. .but now I can see that almost everyone that i see has some blemishes.

I had no bad side effects from accutane, although it was a pretty painful 6 months, and I was ready for it to be over.. but im SO glad that I did it... best decision ive made.

if anyone has any questions, feel free to post them here.. thank you all for your help.. goodbye

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2003, 02:16 PM   #2

Forcefed4 HB User
Wow, congrats Tiredofthisall! Sounds like Accutane worked a miracle for you! Here's wishing to forever clear skin for you :P

I do remember you posting before If I can ask, how old are you? I am going to the derm this Thursday, and I will be pushing quite heavily for Accutane. I am turning 30 this month, and as far as I know for adult male acne Accutane is usually something that is attempted. I have tried several antibiotics and other px products, but I am still as bad or worse than I was when I started.

Again, congrats on your success. I remember the days of NEVER worrying about my skin...god how I miss those days

Kev

Old 09-08-2003, 02:20 PM   #3
Veteran

TiredOfThisAll HB User
ill be 17 in a month

Old 09-08-2003, 02:47 PM   #4

Dom HB User
i just finished my 5 months yesterday..going to do an extra month

im 100% clear and have the ladies as well only thing is there are some old red blemishes (not acne) stil left..barely visable...i guess time wil take care of that. did u have that a teh 5 month mark?

Old 09-08-2003, 04:27 PM   #5
Veteran

TiredOfThisAll HB User
not on my face.. there was no red marks left on my face.. but there was a few deeper purple marks on my chest.. those are mostly gone by now though

Old 09-08-2003, 04:51 PM   #6

Big_Wreck HB User
Hi I am very glad you are clear. Congrats. Not to scare you, but one recommendation I would make is be cautious. I was cleared from accutane for about a good 6 months then the acne started coming back. I would just say continue to monitor yourself and if at some point (not meaning to scare you) just try and not wait for your results to undue themselves like so many people have. Be proactiv. Goodluck and i hope thats not the case for you. I am just recommending for your sake. Goodluck

Old 09-08-2003, 07:20 PM   #7
Veteran

TiredOfThisAll HB User
Don't worry.. you didn't scare me.. ive already planned it out if it starts coming back.. i think ill ask my derm to put me back on 40 mg a day..i know for a lot of people accutane only temporarily clears them.. im just living my life for now.

Old 09-08-2003, 07:24 PM   #8
(female)

amb1 HB User
Way to go!

What topicals are you on now?

I am closing in on the last week of treatment, WHEW! I hear 'ya all the way!

ButI by no means clear. Were you clear by the end, or did it get gradually better after you quit? I know it varies from person to person, so just out of curiosity!

Old 09-09-2003, 04:53 AM   #9
Inactive
(male)

froe HB User
congratulations on your clear face. I am very happy for you.

i really need your help in advice and counseling. I am in my 2nd month of accutane and most of my acne has cleared. The only topical i am using is the clearasil cleanser and mousterizer. My skin feels smooth and soft, but i am still experiencing problems with leftover scars and blemishes. I need some help and advice of how to get rid of these marks, like what products are good. If u could also advice me on a good sunscreen to use. Thanks you very much. And again, i'm very happy for your clear face now.

Old 09-09-2003, 06:30 AM   #10
Inactive
(male)

froe HB User
another question, how long did it take u to finally see results???

Old 09-09-2003, 06:39 AM   #11
Inactive
(male)

froe HB User
my face has cleared but i have so much marks and redness!! aahhhhh!!!

Old 09-10-2003, 04:36 PM   #12
Veteran

TiredOfThisAll HB User
amb1..i was totally clear during hte last month of my treatment.. and about 95% clear during the 2nd to last month.

Old 09-10-2003, 04:39 PM   #13
Veteran

TiredOfThisAll HB User
hey frogprince.. congrats on your clear face too.. Luckily for me I didn't have any red marks or anything left over on my face.. after the first month of accutane i stopped using all products except for cetaphil moisturizer... i washed my face with water, (although the last month i started using neutrogena body wash) and dried off then applied moisturizer... and during the last month when my derm lowered me back to 40 mg a day all the dryness went away and i didnt need moisturizer or chap stick.

Old 09-10-2003, 04:40 PM   #14
Veteran

TiredOfThisAll HB User
and at the end of the 3rd month i saw the most dramatic improvements.

Old 09-10-2003, 05:53 PM   #15
Inactive
(male)

froe HB User
would u suggest i stick to cetaphil cleanser and moustirizer or move on to regenerist? i've heard so many things about regenerist. my main problem is redness, blemishes, and scars

Closed Thread