It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2003, 08:26 PM   #1

Cheese HB User
Unhappy Scarring [With Pic]

I've been dealing with severe acne scarring for the past 3 years now. I just woke up the other day and decided to see how bad it really was, and I found it to be terrible. I'm so depressed, I just wish they would go away, but that's too much to ask. Anyways I might be able to get some plastic surgery or something done in the future, but as of now I have to deal with them. What do you people think as a possibility to reduce the scarring, maybe make my skin smooth and one color again? Also funds are slim so I might not be able to afford 7000 laser surgery. I'd say 3000 is the limit.

[Please do not post pics. It's never necessary and in all
my years moderating this board no one has ever posted
a picture clear enough for anyone to see anything. Thank you.]

[This message has been edited by moderator2 (edited 09-09-2003).]

Old 09-07-2003, 08:30 PM   #2

Product_Queen HB User
Hey,

To be honest I didn't even see the scarring...I had to look for it on your face...Over time the scarring will diminish...Either take some Vitamin E or apply a Vitamin E cream to the area...Hope this helps..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2003, 08:44 PM   #3

Cheese HB User
Yeah, to be honest, it's not the best picture, it looks a lot worse in person, but oh well, in fact, I do have some vitamin E tablets. Do I just break them open and apply it to the area?

Also, I have had the same scars for about 3 years now, do they usually take that long to diminish?

Old 09-07-2003, 08:52 PM   #4

Product_Queen HB User
Cheese,

Unfortunately it does take that long for the scarring to go away but u can do things to speed the healing process...Why not get a prescription for a Vitamin A cream??? It will help with the skin rejuvenation process....Its not only used for acne but wrinkles and age spots too...If you don't want to go the prescription route get some Kinerase cream....It does the same exfoliating thing as Vitamin A but its plant based so no redness ect....Break open the Vitamin E and apply to the area but I find swallowing it more effective....But like I said its really not even noticeable...

Old 09-07-2003, 08:58 PM   #5

Cheese HB User
Why thanks for all the advice Product_Queen, I really appreciate it. Also, would you or anyone else know how to get rid of the redness from the scar or is that there until it heals?

Old 09-07-2003, 09:05 PM   #6
Veteran

FuzzyWuzzy HB User
That reminds me, I have to refill my vitamins.

What should I get? Im taking multivitamins right now, but thinking of just getting a jar of just Vitamin E pills for the skin, and how bout flaxseed oil pills? Omega 3 and 6 pills? Zinc pills?

Old 09-07-2003, 09:17 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
That looks like a pretty deep scar,I dout that it will get too much better in the future, however the rest of your face looks perfectly flawless so that one little scar kind of just adds to the ruggedness masculinity that guys carry.If anything it compliments your looks.Really, its nothing to worry about it.

Old 09-08-2003, 01:11 AM   #8

nerd HB User
I know you're not going to "hear/listen" to people, but still...that doesn't look very bad at all bro. It also looks more like an injury scar than one from acne, which could be kinda cool The rest of your skin looks very good too

Old 09-08-2003, 03:11 AM   #9

22Girl HB User
Cool

As a girl, that kind of thing on a guys face is nothing to worry about! In fact, when you get a bit older make up some fake story as to how you got it and girls will think it's cool. Don't waste a cent of your money on it, seriously.

Old 09-08-2003, 04:29 AM   #10
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
You're a good looking guy with a nice complexion. This one "landmark" with a history just makes you human like everyone else and can be a distinguishing mark. We all have them. No one's perfect. Nothing wrong with this. As you get older, you'll worry about other things far worse than this--getting fat, old, not making enough money, your health, etc.

We're anonymous here, so no need to flatter you. Don't sweat the small stuff. Use that money to go on a nice vacation somewhere and make memories you'll keep forever.

[This message has been edited by poreoilyme (edited 09-08-2003).]

Old 09-08-2003, 05:13 AM   #11
Inactive
(male)

froe HB User
well... if u want us to really see how bad ur face is, you should take the picture in a different shade of light. Sometimes... i feel that my face looks clearer in darker shades. Try taking your picture in a room with white flourescent lights. Then we would see the problem better.

Old 09-08-2003, 06:17 AM   #12

boardguy16 HB User
chicks dig scars

just tell em you got hurt in a fight

Old 09-08-2003, 10:06 AM   #13

AcneFree HB User
I've been working on my deep pitted (ice pick scars) for almost a year now - around 50-60% success at the moment.

Cheese - from the look of your chin/jaw area, I would say you had rolling scars (similar to orange peel) and perhaps some boxscars too (like chikcen pox scars)

My suggestions to you are to look for a doc/cosmetic surgeon who can perform subcision and perhaps N-Lite for you - that will give you a down time for 1 week maximum. You will need a 2-3 treatments of this, spaced 1-2 months apart

For the discolouration, try daily mandelic acid serums or lactic/glycolic peels. You can do them yourself or find a clinic that offers them - several weekly peels will be needed.

Hope that helps

Maya

[This message has been edited by AcneFree (edited 09-08-2003).]

Old 09-08-2003, 10:45 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Micheybell HB User
Cheese, I didn't see anything in that picture you had attached. You looked fine to me. You can try the vitamin E and yes it does take time to heal. Did you look into ScarFade Scar Gel. I heard alot of good things about this product.

Good luck to you. And don't worry about it. I know it's easier said then done but try b/c you don't want to miserable forever. You look fine trust me.

Old 09-08-2003, 11:06 AM   #15

jen56 HB User
Cheese

I totally disagree, do not put vitamin E on your face. There is no proof that it helps to heal because at the mollecular level it is too large to pass through the skins surface. Plus, it can clog pores leading to further acne. I went to a top plastic surgeon in the US and he told me that is one of the worst things to do. So I wouldn't, but I am sure some will say it worked wonders. But I think it is pyschological.

I would look into excision with fat transfer or punch graft. I am not a big fan of punch grafting because the skin graft can die leaving a bigger hole, but it works wonders for some. I have had excision on bigger scars and it leaves a fine scar. Those are the ones that I think chicks think are sexy..just being honest.
However, sometimes the infection from acne destroys the underlying fat and there is no way to replace the fullness without fat or collagen injections etc. I am having fat transfer early next year and I will let you know how it goes.

Besides the specific of that one scar, I think your skin looks fine. In fact, I think you are pretty darned cute...southern lingo...for a hottie.

Don't stress, you can make some improvements, just have realistic expectations. I wish you the best of luck!!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Closed Thread