It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2008, 09:53 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Acne around hairline

Recently, I've been having some trouble with what I believe is stress-caused acne. My skin isn't very oily, but I get larger, painful pimples deep under the skin. I get them on the areas I usually DON'T break out in. When I was younger, I'd get mild acne on my forehead usually, where I get the oiliest. Now I'm getting them on my cheeks and the newest, around my hairline.

I always though getting acne around your hairline was caused by hair products. However, I don't use any hair products! I just use shampoo and haven't even been using conditioner lately to try to fix this problem. I don't really touch my face around the edges much either! Is there any other reason that I would be getting these out of nowhere? It seems like I started a new job and started getting these. I do wear my hair up often... can that do anything with it since it kind of pulls on this area?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated! I'm actually able to make this acne shrink greatly overnight with some benzoyl peroxide acne creams, but it comes right back during work! They are never small pimples, but the bigger kind.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:15 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Micheybell HB User
Re: Acne around hairline

Hey TurRrRa .... I too suffer from very similar acne. I never had issues like this until a few years ago. I have bumps on my forehead and around the sides of my face. I do believe this is hormonal or stress induced acne. I've tried many different products. I agree that the Benzoyl peroxide products shrink them overnight but they do return. I have been going to regular facials with a GREAT asthetician. But even that hasn't cured it. It does help though. She said something about using a salicylic based product in conjunction with this glycolic complex. I've been using the complex on and off for a while now and see pretty nice improvements with it. I'm hoping if I add a salicylic cleaner to the program then maybe I'll see improvement that will last.

I'm 29 years old and I'm hoping this acne gets better. It's horrible.

By the way, is yours dry at times? My skin seems to flake if I scratch at it. It feels like I can almost scratch away the pimples ... but not reallly.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2008, 01:47 PM   #3
(female)

mm61 HB User

Hi , hope this might help. I too have been having the same problem. I did some reading and found that my vitamin B complex was causing this. I have been taking Zinc and Green Tea capsules. In about 20 days after starting my skin is all cleared up. Even my back is nice and smooth. Iam still taking the B complex. Good luck mm61

Last edited by mm61; 07-24-2008 at 01:50 PM.

Old 07-24-2008, 03:13 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

What kind of capsules are those? I'd definitely be willing to try that out! I don't take a Vitamin B complex, but I do eat things with a lot of vitamins in it.

I also believe stress is at least part to blame! Even if I don't feel stressed, I'm naturally a bit of an anxious person who gets very wound up.

Another reason I think may be to cause... I work out five times a week for about an hour, sometimes more. I run and I sweat a lot on my face... the rest of my skin is fine, but I bet sweat that is in my hair sits there for a bit longer and maybe is causing this acne. I do shower very soon after my workouts, so I don't know what else to do! I use a moisturizer with salicylic acid (by Clean & Clear) and it's great and does prevent many breakouts, but it isn't perfect.

Do you all think the workouts could be another problem? Maybe I can take a small towel with me to wipe off sweat... because I don't know what else to do!

Closed Thread