It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2003, 01:04 PM   #1

nerdy HB User
Question Fastest way to get rid of the red?

Hey all,

I have learnt to accept the bumpy part of a zit but, what I can't stand is the redness that surrounds the zit. My question to all of you is, what is the FASTEST way to get rid of the redness of a zit? The reason I ask this is, I have a job interview tomorrow, and I want to minimize the redness for the interview.

Thanks

Old 09-07-2003, 01:40 PM   #2
Veteran

FuzzyWuzzy HB User
I would like to know the same thing. I have red marks from where zits used to be, and their pretty fresh......been here for a week, and im getting ****in ****** off!

I cant seem to find a way

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2003, 01:41 PM   #3
Veteran

FuzzyWuzzy HB User
Ive been using Aloe Vera Gel, lemon juice, cortisone cream, polysporin, but none of it is working!!!!!!!!!

****!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

THIS IS ****IN BULL****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1

Old 09-07-2003, 02:11 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
Well, I can tell you what DOESN'T work.That stupid visine others mentioned.I got nervous and messed with some zits and of course made them 100 times worse and now I'm stuck with redness and swelling.I have been putting visine on it all day and it has done nothing but make it worse.I think the best way to get rid of the redness is to just leave them alone until the time comes then cover it with makeup.

Old 09-07-2003, 02:34 PM   #5
Veteran

FuzzyWuzzy HB User
Well Dsheldon, the only thing is...even if you conceal it with concealor you are still able to see that its being covered. **** Im so sick of this ****.

Its just the left side of my face. My right side of the face is perfectly clear, and my forehead is pretty clear, its just my damn chine and left side of the face

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrr

Old 09-08-2003, 03:06 PM   #6
Veteran

DenverGal HB User
I think sometimes ice works. When I'm home I get an ice cube in a paper towel and put it on as often as I can and it seems to help a little - but of course not completely.

Old 09-09-2003, 05:14 AM   #7

Hopetimistic HB User
Hi Fuzzy,

I have been using salisylic acid 2% exfoliant daily, along with cp serum, and after a couple of months of use, my red marks are almost all gone.

I also started using a mild glycolic acid lotion a couple of weeks ago, and recently a 15% lotion of glycolic acid.

I must say I am much impressed with the results so far, and will continue to use them. The redness is almost gone, my scars and stretched wrinkly skin are diminishing, and I feel all the better for it.

All the Best.

------------------
The above is only my Personal Humble Opinion, Folks.

I am no expert on these matters. Please consult the experts, and seek the advice of others as well.

I am no expert on these matters. Please consult the (supposed) experts, and seek the advice of other people as well.

Old 09-09-2003, 07:18 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Micheybell HB User
Try REGENERIST Serum ... this has helped me along w/ many others. If you look at some postings on this sight for Regenerist you'll see that it helps eliminate redness from pimples both old and new. It helped heal a huge under the skin zit I had in like 2 days.

I too, have tried everything under the sun, you name it. So far the regenerist showed the best improvement.

Good luck.

Old 09-09-2003, 07:23 AM   #9
Veteran

fm5 HB User
Try Covermark cosmetics. These are not like the many cosmetics sold that are basically "see through". They cover even port wine birthmarks and they don't rub off easily.

You can also try mixing some whole oatmeal (not the kind with added sugars) with some lukewarm (not hot) water and put on the skin for about 5 minutes. It sooths and tightens the skin. Aveeno products use oatmeal just for this purpose - to soothe itching and inflamed skin.

[This message has been edited by fm5 (edited 09-09-2003).]

Old 09-09-2003, 01:08 PM   #10

ashleyzzz19 HB User
i just ordered some mederma. it is supposed to be really good at removing the redness, especially on new marks.

Old 09-09-2003, 01:16 PM   #11
Veteran

FuzzyWuzzy HB User
thanks for all the replies...

Ive been using lemon juice for the last couple days, and seems to work quite well with the aloe vera gel.

I know some ppl said to rinse the juice off after 15mins, but I leave mine on...works great.

I did research on that serum, and it seems pretty promising. The only thing is, i notice its used somewhat as a moisturizier, and I need to avoid those. Thats why Im using Aloe vera to cut down on my oily skin. I'll see. Oil of Olay is expensive though.

[This message has been edited by FuzzyWuzzy (edited 09-09-2003).]

Old 09-09-2003, 03:17 PM   #12

I Eat Hay HB User
I read that lemon juice can bleach your skin. I stopped using it because I have tanned skin and it started to make my face lighter than the rest of my skin. Not rinsing it off can't be good!

This might be a better solution. I just stumbled across this on another message board:

-- "I just read an article in the newspaper (Ann Landers Column) about a woman who'd had bad acne for years. She was in the World Bank in Washington DC, when a beautiful East Indian woman came up to her and said, 'Oh no, Ugly red spots on pretty face. You fix with egg yolks.' The Indian lady proceeded to tell her to use raw egg yolk on her face every day, letting it dry for 10 minutes, and then to wash it off with water, repeating the process every day for a month, and after that, twice a month for three months. That would make the spots go away, and if they ever come back, just do it all again. The woman did not believe the Indian woman, but tried it anyway, and it worked remarkably."

I know some people who have done the egg yolk thing and said it really helped. I haven't tried it myself because I hardly ever get pimples on my face anymore. I'm trying to find a fix for black heads on the nose. Does anybody know if this egg yolk thing will work for blackheads?

[This message has been edited by I Eat Hay (edited 09-09-2003).]

Old 09-09-2003, 04:11 PM   #13
Veteran

AccutaneAvenger HB User
That East Indian woman is as ignorant as she is rude.
And I shall be clothed again with my SKIN, and in my flesh I shall see God." [Job 19:25]

Old 09-09-2003, 04:16 PM   #14

wicketglen7 HB User
I say this all the time so I don't know if you are sick of hearing it, but for inflammed acne (not the red marks left over from zits, which is an infection but anyways) use epsom salt compresses. It is used to reduce swelling and inflammation which is why your acne is red and swollen. Epsom salt is really cheap and can last a long time.

Old 09-10-2003, 03:21 AM   #15

22Girl HB User
Thumbs up

In response to the story about the egg yolk. I've read a lot about this before. I tried it for nearly two months and it did work quite a bit... I stopped doing it coz the smell of raw egg on my face got to me after a while and started to gross me out. Anyway, as gross as it sounds I would recommend it if you have moderate acne. I 've heard the reason it works is coz egg yolk has such a high Vitamin A content, which basically makes it a milder version of Retin-A cream. I still do it every so often when my skins looking dull and pimply.

Closed Thread