It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2008, 06:03 AM   #1
(female)

petal2001 HB User
acne treatments

I have suffered from acne since a teenager(now in my late twenties). My top tips to reduce acne are: use a mild cleanser for sensitive skin(with aloe vera in) and finish with a splash of water from the sink, with a couple of drops of lavender pure essential oil in. I also use 5% benzoyl perioxide gel on spots. And if you are female ask your doctor about going on the pill as this also improved my acne.

Old 08-17-2008, 04:58 AM   #2
(female)

HoneyBean HB User
Re: acne treatments

Hey - I had not thought about going on the pill... I'll have to check that out. Thanks for sharing that with me.
-Julie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2008, 05:35 AM   #3
(female)

judych HB User
Re: acne treatments

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBean View Post
Hey - I had not thought about going on the pill... I'll have to check that out. Thanks for sharing that with me.
-Julie

there is one pill called "Diane" that is very good. I have two daughters and a grand daughter who are all on it and their skin has improved out of sight.
A pity that Im post menapausal becuase I could do to be on it as well...
judych

Old 08-31-2008, 01:38 AM   #4
(female)

petal2001 HB User
Wink Re: acne treatments

Cider vinegar has helped my acne too, by taking a tablespoon with apple juice daily I have a renewed glow and its really a wonder! Cyder apple vinegar is also thought to be beneficial in the treatment of arthritis, as a beverage or with compresses soaked in hot vinegar applied directly to the joints. It is also thought to be helpful when used to treat asthma, nose bleeds, osteoporosis, cancer, candida, high cholesterol, colds, constipation, muscle cramps, colitis, diabetes, diarrhea, depression, dizziness, ear discharge, eczema, fatigue, gallstones, kidney stones, hay fever, headaches, heartburn, hiccups, indigestion, insomnia, kidney and bladder problems, metabolism, nasal congestion, sore throats, stiff joints, ulcers and weight loss

Closed Thread