It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2008, 10:40 AM   #1
(female)

Jadebeauty1 HB User
Urine for acne

Hey everyone,

Not sure if this was posted here already but here it goes:

Has anyone ever tried urine on their skin to get rid of their acne. Yeah, I know, "ewwww"... "That is so nasty....", "How can you do that....?"

But It really does work. I have been using it for 4 days now, and my face is so soft and smooth. I was grossed out when I first heard about it, which was years ago since I first got acne. I was 13 years old and throughout the years afer buying all the over the counter expensive products, and being disappointed, i decided to do an all natural routine. The natural products work wonderfully, but they were slow.

Okay, after buying another soap in the health food store, this old lady came up to me and said "I don't mean to intrude, but you should try using urine on your acne". I was taken aback, but quickly remembered my grandmother used to tell me the same thing when I first started getting acne. I noticed how beautiful the old lady skin looked, and remembered my grandmother's skin looking ageless. SO that was the day I began to use my urine on my acne. I wish I could post pictures, but don't want to be known as "urine face" if someone recognizes me.

Sorry, for the long story. But just give it a try for a least a week or more. I don't know why it works, I am not an expert, I just know it does.

Oh yeah, did I mention that it is priceless?!!!!

Old 08-16-2008, 03:10 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bunny9987 HB User
Re: Urine for acne

i have heard of that, but i can't bring myself to do it. plus i am preg. now, i don't know if the hormones in the urine make a difference.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2008, 04:27 PM   #3
(female)

Cakies HB User

someone should look into why this works maybe there is a chemical/element of urine that helps acne and they could make a product using just that isolated element. I personally have found my "Cure" in spiro, but some people would rather not take drugs this could help them. I just couldn't bring myself to use urine on my face. I know it sterile and not dirty like feces but still If someone researched this and found a way to make a product thats a bit more socially accepted I think it would be great if it works.

Old 08-16-2008, 05:37 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

friendlione HB User

I believe it is the uric acid.

Using urine is not necessary, though. The glycolic and salicylic acids in Clean & Clear Pore Toner are completely effective for both hormonal and bacterial skin problems...I can get both kinds of acne. But just an occasional use of Clean & Clear really does reduce the size of pores and keeps my skin clear, just like it says. It's so easy to use, too...not greasy or smelly. I can't stand most odors.

Old 08-17-2008, 10:27 AM   #5
(female)

kim46 HB User

I too have read about this natural remedy and came close to tryin it but as mentioned to Lizzie, I take Saw Palmetto, Zinc, Flaxseed Oil and Apple Cider vinegar caplets - all once daily and I found this in my relentless search for natural remedies.

If my acne was as bad as it was still, I would give it a go as urine is sterile. It's difficult to find out what works for you but best wishes and I hope it continues to work.

Staying out of the sun too is working for me.

Closed Thread