It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2003, 07:28 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Micheybell HB User
Unhappy Does N-E 1 else feel this way?

I was wondering if anyone else feels the way I do. I never really had the problems with my skin that I do now. This year has been hellish so to speak. My forehead is covered in bumps (all different sizes - some are white heads others are just bumps). The sides of my face and cheeks have bumps too. My chin gets those under the skin pimples .. occassionally I have one now and I think another is coming. I've tried tons of products but am tired of using all the harsh stuff and have recently stopped.

I really can't take it. I get so upset. I don't want to come to work. I feel embarrassed. Do any of you feel like this?

I feel selfish to feel upset about acne when there are people in the world that have life-threatening illnesses such as cancer or aids. I know the acne will eventually go away on it's own but it's so hard to deal with it. I feel ugly and dirty.

Can anyone offer any advice on products or things to do to help my self esteem. I was doing fine but have had a set back due to another break out.

Old 09-16-2003, 08:06 AM   #2
(male)

Ric HB User
Listen bro, I've tried so many different products and I've found that they only make the probelm worse. Basically your continually irritating your skin. When our skin eventually gets used to one thing, we know it's not working so we try something else, resulting in more acne then we started with. I didn't start getting acne till recently (21yrs) I wouldn't say that mines severe, just persistent. I've noticed so many people on this board getting pi**ed with people and telling them they don't have a problem, that you don't have a problem as bad as them. The fact of the matter is none of them know because 1) they can't see you and 2) only you know how you feel. My best advice I can give to you is to leave you face alone or any other part of your body that has acne. Throw all of those products away and let your skin breathe and heal on it's own. This means don't wash your face in the morning and night. It doesn't make you dirty, if you didn't have acne the only time you would wash would be at bath/shower time. All your doing is washing away your skins natural oil/protective barriers. It's there for a reason, sure it has bacteria, but it also has good bacteria which people seem to forget. If you didn't have acne when washing would you be scrubbing your face or applying all this s*** to it?...no! Since I've used this routine my skin is very clear, sure I get a whiteheads now and again but I can handle that, plus there hardly noticable. Either way good luck and keep your chin up, thing's will get better if you allow it to.

Laters

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2003, 08:47 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Micheybell HB User
Ric, Thanks man I appreciate your word of wisdom. You're definately right about all the products, they do make your skin worse. I also notice that people w/out acne wash once a day and maybe apply a moisturizer but that's it and their skin is clear.

My husband is constantly telling me to stop using things but I don't listen. I have stopped using alot of things though. I guess I really have to stop using everything and wash once a day.

This sucks, I will take your advice and my husbands and try it that way. Thanks for taking the time to give me your opinion.

Good luck to you too.

Old 09-16-2003, 09:46 AM   #4
Inactive

jagdm27 HB User
So Ric, do you suggest that we wash our faces once a
day or twice? What is your routine and what do you use for products? http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif

Old 09-16-2003, 10:59 AM   #5

~Cansu~ HB User
Well.. I've tried doing this and my acne got worse. I'm convinced, my skin can't breathe on its own.

Old 09-16-2003, 11:06 AM   #6

Product_Queen HB User
Hey Michey,

I am sorry u feel sad today but your not alone in the world of sadness...Have u tried BCP's?? It might help u because ur acne seems hormonal to me..Anyhow, if u want to vent at all I am here for ya girl :-)

Old 09-16-2003, 11:21 AM   #7
(female)

BlueSprite555 HB User
I've done the no product thing...and after dealing with acne for 14 years it just seemed to get worse. Letting my skin "breathe" just left me with an oil-slick....not pretty.

Old 09-16-2003, 11:30 AM   #8
Veteran

xKaShyLahx HB User
Thumbs down

I tried the water method for wks, didn't do jack

------------------
*¤«´¨`·¸.¤*ººKa§hyºº*¤.¸·´¨`»¤*

Old 09-16-2003, 11:43 AM   #9
Inactive

jagdm27 HB User
I have to agree that not washing your face when you have this problem doesn't really help. There is no way that I can go w/out washing my face. It gets to oily. I believe that you have to keep your face clean to keep the oil slicks away

Old 09-16-2003, 11:47 AM   #10
Inactive
(male)

froe HB User
hey

i thought regenerist was working for u?

Old 09-16-2003, 11:53 AM   #11

Hopetimistic HB User
Hi Micheybell,

Read the poem ''If you can keep your head...'' by Rudyard Kipling. That's great for self-esteem. You can search for it on the internet.

All the Best.

I am no expert on these matters. Please consult the (supposed) experts, and seek the advice of other people as well.

Old 09-16-2003, 01:05 PM   #12
Inactive

jagdm27 HB User
Hey FrogPrince. Yes, actually it is working well on my scars! I don't use it for my acne. I use Nuetrogena on the spot acne cream. But my point to this post is there is no way I can go without washing my face. All that oil and dirt is a breeding ground for pimples! ICK

Old 09-16-2003, 03:18 PM   #13

female HB User
Ya I feel embarrassed about my acne makeup help kind of only get pimples on my forehead and chin but I dont get any on my cheeks. I try so many different product nothing really seem to be working maybe if I had laser it off that would probally work but I dont know if I would have to get it done 6 months later and I dont know how much it cost if cost too much and I had to have it re-done in 6 months I would not have it done. I don't really care that other people have acne it does not bug me but when it come to me it bug me.

Old 09-16-2003, 04:38 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Micheybell HB User
Thank you all for your posts. I came home today and picked everything, I just couldn't take it. I feel better. My skin is red and a bit swollen in certain spots but at least I got alot of crap out.

I don't know what is going to help but I'll keep trying different things until I find something. I ordered collodial silver today. It's a mineral supplement that can be taken internally and used topically as well. I am only going to use it on my skin though. I'll let you guys know how that works.

Product Queen, thanks for your support.

I'm going to look up that poem on line - Thanks guys.

Old 09-16-2003, 04:42 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Micheybell HB User
Hopetimistic - That poem was really great. It's true. Thank you so much.

Closed Thread