It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2003, 10:58 PM   #1

lamburdy HB User
Post white zits/cysts on the skin under my eyes?

Hi. I have these very small white zits/cysts on the skin under my eyes? They don't seem to have any pus in them, their very small you can only see them if your within 4 feet of me and lookin under my eyes. I'm just trying to figure out what they are, as their embarassing.

I've been to the doctor,on a routine check-up he said they look like sebacious cysts, but said it's unusual to get them there, so he wasn't sure. I'm just wondering if anyone else has these, so I don't feel alone, and if there is a treatment that would help them dissapear?

Also today I had a magnification mirror and looked at them, it seems theres tiny small white hairs in them, theres hairs all over my face, is that weird? What are these?
Any help is appreciated, thanks, Lamburdy

Old 08-12-2003, 02:28 AM   #2

sleekgirla HB User
I think what you have are called comedones and they are small flesh colored bumps. I have them on my forehead. I have done some research on them and have read that they are caused by overhydrated skin...maybe you are using a eye cream that is hydrating the skin under your eyes too much. Try using a lightweight lotion instead of a cream. maybe it will help. I just learned this tonight so I am going to start using a different moisturizer on my forehead. I am praying it will work!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2003, 03:44 AM   #3

rugbylover HB User
yeah i have them too.had them for a long time now and not sure how i got them but i think i was using my clean and clear moisturiser around that area and this may have caused them. im sure they will finally dissappear as your body copes with them.as for the hairs your face is meant to be covered in hairs. anybody would see them using a magnification mirror. hope this is of some help. steve

Old 09-16-2003, 06:53 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Micheybell HB User
I have these bumps/whiteheads on my face too. (forehead and cheeks). It looks horrible. My skin feels disgusting. I hate it. I've tried so many things ... sometimes it clears up for a week or two but then it comes back.

Anybody know of any products that are good for these types of breakouts. Also what do you think causes these bumps? I thought it may have been that my skin was too dry or too oily.

Old 09-16-2003, 07:04 AM   #5
(female)

BlueSprite555 HB User
Under your eyes...it's millia...you can get rid of it. DOn't' use moisturizer under there and see what happens, or try a very mild BHA or AHA under your eyes to help with exfoliation...or Retin-A micro or Differin or something.

Old 09-16-2003, 07:27 PM   #6
Veteran

DenverGal HB User
I have these too. They are milia as Delphi said. They are not acne. It is thought that they are caused by increased cholesterol - that they are cholesterol deposits. They usually run in families, so check your parents/siblings.

You cannot get rid of them by picking. The best bet is to go to a dermatologist who does lasering, they can remove them. I had this done about 6 years ago and it was $125 - but I'm sure it is more now. Mine grew back and I need to have it done again.

Closed Thread