It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2008, 11:05 AM   #1
(female)

chris5621 HB User
Acne throughout scalp???

I've never had more than minor breakouts on my face, but am wondering if these sores on my scalp could actually be acne? It started a few months ago...they start out red and sore, and end up with white/yellowish scabs. My scalp is getting very sore as the number/frequency of these pimples/sores/scabs keeps increasing.

I'm female, in my 30's, and have long, straight, very fine hair. I've also noticed my hair thinning quite a bit since these pimples started.

I've always had normal to oily hair, and have always shampood every day, sometimes twice a day. I have never had any adverse reaction or allergies or anything like that to any shampoos or products. I don't dye my hair, and I don't use any product or hairspray at all. I've never had any other serious skin condition.

Since this started, I have tried several different shampoos/strategies. I've tried the nizoral and the head and shoulders. B/C of the oiliness, I've never used much conditioner...even so, I started trying different brands, and using less and less to the point that I've now completely stopped using conditioner. I've tried the neutrogena shampoo. I've even tried using a scrub brush when I shampoo! NONE of this has helped, and some of it has seemed to make it worse (particularly the h&s and nizoral).

What's happening to my head/hair??? Thank you so much for any advice or ideas you can give me!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2008, 04:14 PM   #2
(female)

britt0285 HB User
Re: Acne throughout scalp???

it sounds a little like something called cradle cap. It is typically found in infants but it can occur in adults. My grandfather occasionally has an issue with this. If you search for cradle cap images you could compare them to what you are experiencing.

Last edited by britt0285; 10-14-2008 at 04:15 PM.

Closed Thread