It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2003, 08:22 AM   #1
Veteran

NYKID HB User
Post I have some slight dents in my face, what can i do to help it ?

I have slight indents, not bad i guess there scars from the cystics i had for all those years.

Besides surgery is there any stuff that can help it?

How much and what kind of surgery is needed?
Thanks

Old 09-12-2003, 08:26 AM   #2

az03 HB User
microdermabrasion does wonders for slight indentation on the face. i get sessions done at the derm for around 150 dollars, and the results have been remarkable. my scars are almost completely gone, and i have had only 4 sessions.

it works by using a simple suction machine, which pushes crystals on and off of the skin, taking away your dead skin layet.

honestly, there is no pain and little recovery time. once the procedure is done, you go home and just make sure to apply mosturizer to your face for the next few days. your face may be slightly red/dry, but that fades within a few days, and you will begin to notice a difference in your scars, as well as your blemishes.

good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2003, 12:43 PM   #3
Veteran

fm5 HB User
Try Mederma

Old 09-12-2003, 12:47 PM   #4

AcneFree HB User
Skin Biology do excellent copper peptide products that improve collagen

Retin-a also improves collagen growth.

Try some lactic/glycolic peels - they can improve collagen groth too.

And microdermabrasion.

Old 09-12-2003, 01:24 PM   #5
Veteran

NYKID HB User
Thanks for the responses.

How many session are there in total?

Old 09-16-2003, 03:00 AM   #6

rugbylover HB User
Lightbulb

well i have slight indentations on my temples and around my mouth and i am booked for laser resurfacing using a co2 laser on december 19th. i am very nervous! it is going to cost 850 pounds but i will think it will be worth it if Jesus keeps me safe through this. has anyone else had laser surgery and if so did it help? steve

Old 09-16-2003, 11:36 AM   #7

Hopetimistic HB User
I would avoid laser surgery if possible, because I still have scars left over from it, worse than my acne scars.

NYKID, I would agree with AcneFree. I have found the exfol serum and copper peptide serum to work well on acne scars over a couple of months or so. Having supplemented this with 15% glycolic acid lotion recently, I now find my skin to be improving quite well.

The Retin A gels also work well on new spots, and also help to exfoliate the skin. I haven't tried microdermabrasion myself, so i can't recommend or condemn it.

As for olay regenerist, it caused breakouts, so i am sticking with my cp serum.

All the best.

I am no expert on these matters. Please consult the (supposed) experts, and seek the advice of other people as well.

Old 09-17-2003, 10:14 AM   #8
Inactive

jagdm27 HB User
Hopetimistic, what is the cp serum all about? I have been using Oil Of Olay Regenerist Serum and it is working well on my scars, but I am not sure it is filling in my dents. Is the cp serum doing that for you? http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif

Old 09-17-2003, 11:42 AM   #9

Astf HB User
I would try the microdermabrasion. You need something to level the skin, nothing will really make a big impact except something like that. I have seen the results of laser resurfacing, and that looks pretty good, but it is expensive. Microdermabrasion is like a lesser form of the laser resurfacing because they don't remove as many layers of the skin at once, and there's probably less of a chance of scarring. You should research this more, and talk to some dermatologists about it to see what the best choice is for you.

Old 09-22-2003, 08:20 PM   #10

jewel_brite HB User
I have had laser resurfacing and I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT. It is NOT the cure-all for scars that those cosmetic surgeons report. Remember, they are in business to make money, and laser resurfacing means big bucks. DON'T BE FOOLED.

Here's my experience: I am 9 months post-op. My skin looks more coarse, more oily, and the scars are more noticeable. I look worse than I did prior to the resurfacing.

In addition, a month after the procedure YOU WILL BREAK OUT. Most people get tons of milia (whiteheads) but I GOT HUGE CYSTS which negated the resurfacing. In fact, my skin never broke out so badly as it did after the resurfacing, because that procedure highly stimulates your oil glands.

And to top off this wonderful experience, my laser resurfacing doctor injected a too-strong solution of cortisone in my cysts which left me with 3 huge, deep indentations afterwards. Two finally disappeared, but it took six months. I still have one deep indentation that he was forced to use filler on.

If I were you, look into NEEDLING to get rid of scars. Maybe try smoothbeam laser. But steer clear of the CO2 laser resurfacing.

And the claims that your scars will improve 60%-80% after the resurfacing--HOGWASH. I can see no improvement in myself, and others have reported minimal improvement. One person reported 50% improvement but that was after having TWO resurfacings done.

And they say it takes 6 months for you to heal--you're looking at 12 months or even more.

Old 11-17-2003, 12:20 PM   #11
Veteran

NYKID HB User
Anyone else have anything to add?

Closed Thread