It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2003, 05:50 PM   #1

elizabeth3388 HB User
Question Masturbation: The cause of acne for some women?

I have heard both ends on the topic if masturbation can cause acne. This mostly delt with males. What about females? Can maturbating cause them to break out? Just a question I thought I would throw out there. Any thoughts?

------------------
~*~EliZaBetH~*~

Old 09-15-2003, 05:58 PM   #2

nerd HB User
Interesting topic considered your post count

Sex is natural, so mimicing it shouldn't hurt. There's still something else that's the real cause...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2003, 06:02 PM   #3

elizabeth3388 HB User
lol, very funny.

I believe that acne is caused by different things for different people. Masturbation is most likely not the #1 reason for acne. Stupid Hormones...

------------------
~*~EliZaBetH~*~

Old 09-15-2003, 06:16 PM   #4

Entimann HB User
masturbation/sex can cause acne in some men. i don't know about women but in men sex caused testosterone to be coverted to dht which causes acne and hairloss.

Old 09-22-2003, 07:10 PM   #5
(female)

ASUgirl HB User
From things that I have read and heard, sex obviously with the assumption that orgasm will occur is actually good for your skin, the hormones released, make for healthy quality of life, sexually active people according to the research lead better lives and are in fact healthier. I don't think this is true and have never even heard this idea before, so unless you start to break out and it can't be attrubuted to stress or anything, then maybe it is true, but I wouldn't stop because of something that is speculative at best.--ASUgirl

Old 09-23-2003, 04:36 AM   #6

jewel_brite HB User
You're kidding, right??? Ohmigawd, I'm in hysterics!!! Wow if that were only true...clear skin versus acne and pleasuring oneself...if that were the case, I guess all of us with acne would stop masturbating. If masturbation causes acne, can you imagine what actual sex would do??? Egads

Seriously, it's a fact that stress can contribute to acne flareups, and I would think masturbation would relieve the stress and reduce acne breakouts, not cause them.

I think somebody is pulling your leg....

Old 09-23-2003, 09:32 AM   #7
Inactive

jagdm27 HB User
I think my skin gets clearer the more I do masturbate!!
Not even kidding. Reaching orgasm is good for your health inside (literally, he-he) and out!
Someone is definetly pulling your leg!

Old 09-23-2003, 11:59 AM   #8

ali44 HB User
i am still struggling with acne. although the cysts are long gone, havent had one in months and by back has completely cleared up and face is also getting there(fingers crossed). i dont know what to contribute the success to. it could be the fact that i masturbate only once a week now compared to 3 times a day, it could be due to a change in diet or it could just be that my hormones are more well behaved now. or maybe all of the above who knows. personally i feel it is the lack of masturbation that has helped but who knows. i am still experimenting and hopefully will be able to locate the exact cause soon so i can come up with a permanant solution.

what i do want to say however, something that amuses me alot, is that so many people (jewel_brite and ASUgirl) tend to believe acne flares up during periods of great stress. Infact they swear by it. Now, the only reasonable explanation for stress causing acne is that it messes up your hormones somehow. these people have no idea what hormones change during stress or what they do to the skin. they just know that stress causes acne. my question is, if you believe so strictly that a change in hormones cause acne, how can you be SO sure that sex/masturbation, something that sends hormones over the hill, cant possibly contribute to acne? you have to admit, there is a slight chance atleast!

just to clarify my position here, i am not trying to make the argument that sex causes acne. it may or it may not. all i am trying to do is to convince you that there is a chance, a slight chance that it might. and the reason why i am saying all this is, suppose someone you know has acne that is caused my too much masturbation and they suspect that is the cause. just by talking to you they will probably dismiss this as a possibility and might end up struggling with acne for years to come. so please, try not to 'dismiss' anything when it comes to acne. who knows what the cause for someone's acne is. if you can help go ahead but dont tell someone that they are stupid for thinking that their granmother's cookies cause their acne.

Old 09-23-2003, 12:10 PM   #9

TranscendingAbyss HB User
masturbating messes with your hormones.. so it could help or hinder the acne.. sometimes just the right ballance of masturbating or sex can completely clear my skin.. it just depends on your personal makeup I think

Closed Thread