It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2003, 03:46 PM   #1

whyohwhyohwhy HB User
Unhappy CLOSED COMEDONES???

Hey anyone else got a face of tiny lil closed comedones? Mine's pretty much covered with that.I only sometimes get massive spots but the rest of the time people always say I'm making a big deal outta nothing but when I look close i'm disgusted.
Luckily as a girly i can wear make up which helps conceal the large pores on me cheeks n nose but you still see these ******* comedones in the light.

If i squeeze em and squeeze em some sutff sometimes comes out but then it becomes an unsightly SCAB which looks horrid under make up.

Has anyone else got the same skin as me????
I'm constantly looking for other people with skin like mine but never see it

In photos etc I normally look like i got clear skin but I'm sooooooooooooooo paranoid, especially in day light, that people see me and think ACNE ACNE ACNE.

I know its multiplied squillions of times worse in my head + there's lots of people worse off than me but i'm so vain and sometimes don't wanna go out.

Have tried all stuff from the dermo and nothin worked so now on B5 + neutrogena.

You see, if i'm not in daylight it looks fine. And i spend at least an hour a day lookin in the mirror and sometimes i think i look nice so long as i'm not looking in daylight.

It's on my back and chest too but not to bad. And you can't even see anything there, just feel it. Also I always look a bit oily on my forehead, nose + cheeks.

please tell me there's someone else out there with exactly the same problem.....

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2003, 02:12 AM   #2

whyohwhyohwhy HB User
anyone.....

Old 09-23-2003, 12:41 PM   #3

colleenredmond HB User
Yeah I know what you got join the club. The majority of my skin leisons are those. I got about 50 or so on my face. I don't pick them cause it takes alot of work to get them out and your skin looks awful afterwards, but what's even worse is that mine turn into nasty huge zits. I wish someone could get rid of them without scabbing and making infections out of them cause they seem to always turn into something.

Old 09-23-2003, 12:44 PM   #4

colleenredmond HB User
and they seem to last forever don't they, they just hang out on your face till they turn into this narly zit. I found out, but I can't tolerate it cause my skin is sensitive that glycolic acid helps unclog them and prevents them from happening. But beware, your skin will look like it's breaking out. I always got bad results from facials cause they always make me breakout. But they are "supposed" to help with the clogged pores.

Old 09-23-2003, 03:27 PM   #5

bella112278 HB User
i got that crap too! on my chin, sides of mouth, and nose. lately i got it on the far sides of my face. the cheek area in front of the ears. Every time i extract the junk, it's there 5 minutes later! im going mad! and if one gets flared up...its a mess! will this go away with spironolactone? i just got that.

Old 09-23-2003, 05:02 PM   #6

~Cansu~ HB User
My cheeks were covered with clogged pores before I went on spironolactone and Retin-A. This combination worked very well on the colorless bumps and made my skin really smooth. Too bad they stopped working on my cysts.

Old 12-01-2004, 02:16 PM   #7
Inactive

sleppy210 HB User
Re: CLOSED COMEDONES???

I have those darn little bumps. Especially on my forehead. I've had the same exact ones for 3 months now. I started getting them like a year ago, and I've also been on Bactrim, a sulfa drug, the very first antibiotic.

I must have a yeast problem, I never got these bumps before.

Anyone know what kinds of vitamins you can take for a yeast infection?

Old 12-01-2004, 04:08 PM   #8

IHATEACNE1111 HB User

i think they are called millia. but could also be follicitus. just know that yall that have those are lucky compared to some.

Old 12-02-2004, 03:44 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

scouselad1974 HB User

Hi,

I agree that this type of acne is probably the hardest to treat as most products do not remove the problem but at least this form of acne does not cause pain or scars on your face like cystic acne etc etc.
If you are female at least you can hide underneath make up unlike us blokes.
Like the original poster say's most people don't even know that you have a problem as you can't see these blocked pores unless you are extremley close.

Old 12-02-2004, 08:45 AM   #10
Inactive

sleppy210 HB User

Well Overhead lighting is what shows our "bumps." Well, basically, if you're not facing the source of light, you pretty much can see the bumps.

Old 12-02-2004, 07:18 PM   #11
(female)

clever HB User

I have this gunk too, tis the bane of my existence!

I was on retin-a1% since this past august- nearly 5 and half months, and i havent really noticed much of a difference.

I am now treatin this with BP5% topical and a 10%glycol solution and BP scrub and sulfur face wash. My skin doctor does these extractions then a glycolic (30%)solution to cover it and then wash off. I also just had my first light peel two days ago...am not peeling yet... she said this is supposed to work on these closed comodones....

i will let u know how its working. thus far i do see postive results...keep u posted.

Old 12-02-2004, 09:06 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

I'm exactly the same. To look at my face, there are no marks, but in the light my skin looks so freakin' bumpy like I look really unhealthy!!

I have them mainly on my forehead, cheeks, chin and neck.

And just like you, when i squeeze them its hard to get anything out and they leave a scab for SO long.

I've found apply alpha hydroxy cream every night helps.

Old 12-02-2004, 09:08 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleppy210
I have those darn little bumps. Especially on my forehead. I've had the same exact ones for 3 months now. I started getting them like a year ago, and I've also been on Bactrim, a sulfa drug, the very first antibiotic.

I must have a yeast problem, I never got these bumps before.

Anyone know what kinds of vitamins you can take for a yeast infection?
You can take accodopholus pills or you could eat a pot of PLAIN, LIVE yogurt every day

Old 12-02-2004, 09:10 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

Yeah, I have them on my back and chest too

Old 12-02-2004, 09:17 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

I used to have the pimple/cyst type acne and now I have the closed comedones type acne and have to say that i HAVE noticed that when I eat better, the ones on my forehead disappear within a week or so.

Unfortunately, I have so little discipline with food that as soon as I'm clear I get cocky and think i'm safe and they come back

Closed Thread