It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2009, 06:48 PM   #16
(female)

savemeplease HB User
Re: YAZ users - ???

hey believe 30. i dont think i have had any migraine headaches, i dont really know what those are like, but yesterday i was really light headed. so the migraine headaches could be connected to yaz. if thats the case im sure they will start toning down and eventually stop.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:18 AM   #17
(male)

whyfish HB User

i was on dianette, which is pretty similar to yaz (or so i've heard) and it completely cleared up my skin within the first two months. sometimes around my period id get one or two awful zits but it was nothing compared to before.

good luck, bcp were really the only thing that worked for me long term and i was on accutane!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2009, 08:54 PM   #18
(female)

savemeplease HB User

whyfish, thanks for your post

The first 2 months of taking Yaz I really thought it wouldn't work for me, just like so many things haven't. Now going into the 3rd pack, I've had such great improvement in just the first week of it. I'm so excited because now I have so much faith that my skin will be clear soon. Good luck to all of you Yaz users. And for those of you struggling with acne and nothing seems to work, give bcp a try.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:41 PM   #19
(female)

Arelias HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemeplease View Post
just an update. i really think the 3rd pack is the trick. i started the 3rd pack on monday and my skin has gotten alot better. so for all you who are on the 1st and 2nd pack and are feeling discouraged, don't worry. just stick it out, things will get better soon.
Hi, your message is really encouraging. I almost felt like giving up. I am like on the edge with my acne. I've tried eeeeeeeeeeeverything. (doxcycline, retin a, differin, clindamyzin, benozmycin, chemical peels, kiehls, clean and clear crap, cetaphil, purpose, neutrogena, hydrating masks, extractions, omg I can go on and on). I even eat super healthy, four to five bottles of water a day, tons of leafy greens, fruits, nuts, soymilk, teas rich in antioxidants. When NOTHING seemed to improve my face I turned to YAZ. I just started my second pack and my face broke out in a few painful pimples. It started when I began taking YAZ. I'm just hoping that it clears my skin by the third month because I am on a verge of a breakdown. It's comforting to know that others are in my position. So far so good with Yaz (PROS: bigger boobs, lighter periods, weight loss, mood is more calm) although i did start my period day 3 of the white pills and I got severely bad cramps that I was kneeling over most of the time at my job trying to mend the pain. I just started month 2 and im still on my period but it seems to be fading. I take vitamin b-complex twice a day in order to restore my vitamin B because YAZ depletes it which explains the mood changes in most women. I am also taking alpha lipoic acid 300mg for my acne scarring and it seems to be fading the red marks. Anyways, I'm just praying that my face gets better because I've tried everything!

Old 01-13-2009, 03:15 PM   #20
(female)

savemeplease HB User

Hey Arelias, I'm really glad it made you feel better. I know during the first 2 months that's all I really need to hear. I eat really healthy too because I've noticed when I eat sugar and unhealthy foods I break out on my back and chest. My food intake doesn't control my face as much since it seems to be mainly hormonal. I had taken a saliva test that showed my hormones to be way off balance. That's probably why all those other products you used failed to work, because they can't balance out you hormones. So i really think Yaz should do the trick for you. Let me know how it goes for you I wish you the best.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:41 PM   #21
(female)

Arelias HB User

Quote:
Hey Arelias, I'm really glad it made you feel better. I know during the first 2 months that's all I really need to hear. I eat really healthy too because I've noticed when I eat sugar and unhealthy foods I break out on my back and chest. My food intake doesn't control my face as much since it seems to be mainly hormonal. I had taken a saliva test that showed my hormones to be way off balance. That's probably why all those other products you used failed to work, because they can't balance out you hormones. So i really think Yaz should do the trick for you. Let me know how it goes for you I wish you the best.

Yeaaaa, I know, I've began to realize that my acne is hormonal because I've tried everything. I'm just sick of it! SO hopefully I can make it through this month and see improvements real soon. I cured my chest acne using Neutrogena body wash with 2% salicylic acid and I put 5% benzoyl peroxide. it worked like a charm.. i still have some bacne and I'm hoping my back and face will clear as the YAZ kicks in. Thanks so much, I will let you know. thanks again.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:05 PM   #22
(female)

savemeplease HB User

Has anyone been having any luck with Yaz?

Old 01-20-2009, 12:45 PM   #23
(female)

Arelias HB User

Yaz is overall working well for me. I lost weight, my boobs grew, my face is slowly clearing (I stopped breaking out on my cheeks but I'm still breaking out on chin and jawline), some mood swings, short light periods. It takes time...

Old 01-26-2009, 07:10 PM   #24
(female)

sunshine05 HB User

Quote:
Has anyone been having any luck with Yaz?
Hi!
I just started Yaz six days ago and I am definitely breaking out more. I decided to start taking Yaz after another winter is tearing up my skin. I went through this last winter and then in the summer my skin was perfect. I have been on every type of medication you can think of, spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars but nothing can stop it in the winter. I've dealt with acne for about 11years. It's hard to give it some time when all you want is results!! When has everyone been seeing results?

Old 01-27-2009, 11:32 AM   #25
(female)

savemeplease HB User

I'm on the last week of my third pack. My skin has been so much better this month. During the first 2 months my skin defiantly got worse. I was getting a bunch of cystic acne on my jaw line and my cheeks broke out a lot. Recently my cheeks and jaw line have cleared up, I still break out, but they are a lot less in number and much smaller. It's much more tolerable now and I can't wait for it to get even better, hopefully with the next pack. The first 2 months might make you feel really doubtful, but from about mid 3rd pack and on it should only get better. I hope it goes well for you! And if you don't already, drink lots of water and try to eat healthier...you can never go wrong there.

Last edited by savemeplease; 01-27-2009 at 11:38 AM.

Old 01-28-2009, 03:16 PM   #26
(female)

sunshine05 HB User

Quote:
I'm on the last week of my third pack. My skin has been so much better this month. During the first 2 months my skin defiantly got worse. I was getting a bunch of cystic acne on my jaw line and my cheeks broke out a lot. Recently my cheeks and jaw line have cleared up, I still break out, but they are a lot less in number and much smaller. It's much more tolerable now and I can't wait for it to get even better, hopefully with the next pack. The first 2 months might make you feel really doubtful, but from about mid 3rd pack and on it should only get better. I hope it goes well for you! And if you don't already, drink lots of water and try to eat healthier...you can never go wrong there.
Thanx! I'm gonna try to hang in there! It's definitely hard especially when you have to get up and go to work everyday and face the world.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:22 AM   #27
(female)

Arelias HB User

Hello everyone,
I'd have to say good news with my skin. During the second week of my second pack my skin has been clearing. I'm not completely clear (breaking out with one or two pimples instead of 6-8) but i'm getting there. I've been eating healthy and been drinking a gallon of water a day and that seems to be helping as well. The only thing, i have a lot of acne scars and I was wondering if YAZ fades the appearance of them. The third month should be a charm and hopefully i dont break out at all and my scars fade!

Old 01-29-2009, 01:06 PM   #28
(female)

savemeplease HB User

I think my scars have faded alot, but I still have really light and tiny red spots on my cheeks. Last time i was at my derm she wanted to do a laser treatment and gets rid or redness but i didnt want to because i was still breaking out alot at that point, but now that im not breaking out as much, I think I might do it.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:43 AM   #29
(female)

Arelias HB User

Quote:
I think my scars have faded alot, but I still have really light and tiny red spots on my cheeks. Last time i was at my derm she wanted to do a laser treatment and gets rid or redness but i didnt want to because i was still breaking out alot at that point, but now that im not breaking out as much, I think I might do it.
I was thinking about doing a microdermabrasion as well but I heard it doesn't help with existing acne, so I think I might wait until I'm completely clear. If you do it, can you please let me know if it was a success? Thanks alot. Good luck savemeplease!

Old 01-30-2009, 09:48 AM   #30
(female)

savemeplease HB User

Yeah that was my concern. I didn't want to break out after and have the redness all back again, but I'm starting to break out alot less so I think I may give it a go in like 2 weeks. I'll definatly let yall know!

Closed Thread