It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2009, 03:24 PM   #31
(female)

sunshine05 HB User
Re: YAZ users - ???

I know it is extremely bad for your skin and health but does anyone go tanning and if so, has it helped or made your acne worse. I definitely tan in the summer outside and at the tanning salon and my skin is great but in the winter it's gross and was wondering if tanning would help. I have gone since i was on yaz and have broke out with a few the next day but i dont know if its from the yaz (cuz since i've started i've broken out with at least 2 everyday) or tanning.

Old 01-30-2009, 07:27 PM   #32
(female)

savemeplease HB User

I actually went tanning at a salon about 6 times during the first 2 months of Yaz. It always made my skin super dry and flaky but that was because I was using retin a then, which I recently stopped using. I was breaking out a ton then so i dont really know if I had a breakout afterwards from it.

I've heard that tanning beds help the appearance of acne because the redness goes away but that it actually blocks your pores? so you will en up breaking out later. I'm not sure if that's true or not...

Although when I was in Florida this summer, I got really sunburnt (I always burn and then it turns into a great tan) and it made my skin so much better. I didn't wear any makeup the entire trip! It looked like I never even had acne! I didn't notice any breakouts that would have been caused by the tanning, just went back to my normal breakouts.

But if you're going tanning at a solon, I would only tan my face for part of the time and then cover it with a towel for the rest.. moderation. but that's primarily if you are using certain (harsh) face creams.

Sorry if none of this helps.. that's just experience with tanning. I'd love to hear what others have to say.

Last edited by savemeplease; 01-30-2009 at 07:29 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2009, 10:37 PM   #33
(female)

Arelias HB User

Tanning wouldn't be the best option for your skin because (as savemeplease said it can make your skin super dry) if your using acne products. When I tanned, my acne worsened and the acne scars darkened! yikes. It was not pleasant but some people react different, I guess you would just have to keep trying and see!

Old 02-07-2009, 03:55 PM   #34
(female)

savemeplease HB User

how is everyone's results coming along?

i've had a rough few days and i'm feelings really down, i'd really like to hear how yall are doing.

Old 02-08-2009, 06:18 AM   #35
(female)

believe30 HB User

Hey savemeplease....

After my third month of yaz, the birth control has really done wonders and i hope it stays this way. Along with the bc I am using topical medication that the doctor gave me: Aczone (quite new on the market) and tazorac every other two days or so depending on how dry my face gets for the stains left behind from old pimples. Tazorac is suppose to help fade those marks and build new skin. I remember a little ways back you were doing alot better, maybe your hormones are just going out of whack again...stay strong dont give up.

I hope it gets better, and if you need to talk I am here.

Believe 30

Old 02-08-2009, 08:40 AM   #36
(female)

sunshine05 HB User

Hey savemeplease/everyone...

I am still on my first pack of yaz. I was trying not to get too excited but for about a week or so I had not one breakout which is a long time to go with no break out for me. Well, good thing I didn't because for the past 3 days I've broken out a little again. Definitely not as bad as when I first started and before but I'm hoping as I get closer to my period I don't start having massive breakouts again. Keep me posted and hang in there!

Old 02-11-2009, 04:37 PM   #37
(female)

savemeplease HB User

Thanks guys!

I went to the derm. today and I got a glycolic peel (30) to help with the surface marks. I also got a sample IPL (Intense Pulse Light) because I had been worried it would be painful, but it was very tolerable. So I'll see if that helps with the redness in that area she did, and I'll probably get that done later on.

Yaz has improved my skin this month (4th pack), although it wasn't very consistent and still not too great, just 'improvement'.

I had also been taking doxycycline, but that hasn't seemed to be working at all so im switching to Bactrim tomorrow. It's a more potent antibiotic.

Hopefully that will do the trick, and I hope you all the best.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:30 PM   #38
(female)

Arelias HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemeplease View Post
Thanks guys!

I went to the derm. today and I got a glycolic peel (30) to help with the surface marks. I also got a sample IPL (Intense Pulse Light) because I had been worried it would be painful, but it was very tolerable. So I'll see if that helps with the redness in that area she did, and I'll probably get that done later on.

Yaz has improved my skin this month (4th pack), although it wasn't very consistent and still not too great, just 'improvement'.

I had also been taking doxycycline, but that hasn't seemed to be working at all so im switching to Bactrim tomorrow. It's a more potent antibiotic.

Hopefully that will do the trick, and I hope you all the best.
Hey savemeplease,

The third month on yaz has been the trick! My face has improved dramatically and I only get about one small pimple. But, the only thing is that I still have bad scarring so I went to a Medical Spa and got a micropeel ( consisted of a 20-30% glycolic peel and cryogenic therapy). I was planning on getting a microderm but the aesthetician recommended the peel and then the microderm later. It has made my skin dramatically smooth and fading my scars! It also did not make me peel and make my skin incredibly dry! I'm so happy and my confidence has boosted compared to a couple of months ago. So, hopefully I can finally defeat my acne and continue to feel confident! Doxycycline works only for a short period of time and sometimes u might need a higher dose in order for it to work. Let me know how the peel and light therapy worked.

Old 02-17-2009, 04:35 PM   #39
(female)

sunshine05 HB User

Hey girls,
Just wondering if you are experiencing breakouts prior or during your menstrual cycle while on Yaz.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:13 PM   #40
(female)

savemeplease HB User

I definatly did, but that was also during the first 3 months. I believe after a little more time it is decreased tremendously. Most girls on Yaz claim to still get a little pimple or two during their period, nothing upsetting.

Although, my acne has been around a long time and is very stubborn so I am now off of yaz, starting yesterday, and only taking Bactrim. After 2 months of Bactrim I'm going to take Yaz again.

I hope it goes well for all of you.

Old 02-22-2009, 04:40 PM   #41
(female)

ajnteal4 HB User

Hey everyone,

I just started my first pack of Yaz. I have mild acne and I'm not really sure what the cause of it is. So far it isn't any worse or better as far as I can tell (which is to be expected, I'm only on the 4th pill tonight).

I've tried many things (Purpose, AcneFree, Neutrogena, Clean & Clear, Clearasil, etc.) but nothing has worked completely. My skin is very odd, anything I clean it with seems to leave it with that tight feeling, and dry but it gradually gets more and more oily until I wash it again. Maybe I shouldn't use anything on it at all besides warm water, I don't know. I've also got redness in the skin on the apple of my right cheek that I can't seem to get to go away. It just showed up within in the past year-year and a half I think. Any advice?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Yaz will do the trick for me, only time will tell though!!

Old 02-23-2009, 04:34 PM   #42
(female)

snark HB User

Hi,
I've been on Yaz for about 5 months. For the most part, it's done a very good job of keeping my skin clear. I attribute the breakouts that I do experience to stress, and I think you should consider that, too. You should also remember that you're in a critically hormonal time in your life, and clear skin may not be a very reasonable expectation right now. I'm sure it won't last into adulthood.
Some tips:
make sure you use a makeup remover every night... I use Yes To Carrots Eye and Face Makeup Remover. Always keep your skin hydrated (Clean & Clear Soft "Night" and "Day" lotions are wonderful!). Don't wash your face more than twice a day.
Once a week, take a small amount of Neosporin and combine it with your facial lotion in your hands. Apply this at night, and you will see a HUGE difference in the morning. My dr said it's safe to use about once a week, but do not use Neosporin too much, since it's not meant to be used over large areas.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:11 AM   #43
(female)

ajnteal4 HB User
Talking Re: YAZ users - ???

Hey everyone - an update on my experience thus far with Yaz and my acne...

I start my 2nd pack tonight. My face is actually a lot better already! It is clearing up a whole lot, I would say it's almost completely clear, and any new spots that show up don't get really bad and heal within a few days. The only things I've been using aside from Yaz are a w-itch hazel toner about once or twice a day, sometimes I'll skip a day, and every few days I'll put a little moisturizer in problem areas (like around my nose).

Also - I'm not having any problems with my skin getting too oily anymore... woo!!

I will update again whenever I see any other significant changes... but it looks like Yaz may be my skin's saving grace!

Last edited by ajnteal4; 03-19-2009 at 09:16 AM.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:20 PM   #44
(female)

happyinflorida HB User

Just started Yaz and have taken two pills. I haven't been on bc for 8 years. So nauseas this morning that I missed half day from work. I just feel so tired and sick in the morning. I hope this will go away. I can tell I might be one of those that loses weight on this medication because I have totally lost my appetite. I had to force myself to eat dinner last night. I am happy about this becuase I was fearful I would immediately get hungry. I have also been extremely thirsty and drinking a lot more water which also makes me have to get up a few times during the night and pee, which disrupts my sleep. It seems 50/50 with the side effects, some women do great on it, others hate it. I will just ride it out and see how I'm doing after a month.

Old 05-04-2009, 04:11 PM   #45
(female)

Arelias HB User

I've heard that Spiro (aldactone) and BCP cures acne. I am currently on YAZ and I'm getting Spiro in a couple of weeks. I'll let everyone know my skin update in a couple of months. Hopefully this works!!

Closed Thread