It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2009, 08:28 AM   #1
(female)

sunny06 HB User
very sensitive skin and acne

I have extremely sensitive skin (maybe rosacea ?) and this routine has been helping me so far. I've been using Calming-Sulfur and, sometimes Acne-1, for a little while now and my intermittent acne outbreaks have reduced to almost never. I'm not sure which is doing the most (sulfur or the azeloyl glycine)

In the beginning I did get some drying but after about two weeks that pretty much stopped and everything was close to normal. The trick for me is to make sure the real dry areas don't get too dry.

I use Dove Soap as my cleanser but make sure I put whatever moisturizer (usually Vanicream-Lite) I'm using immediately on top of whatever topical I'm using.

I used to use a facial mask but now I want something that will exfoliate more. I'm looking for a good gentle peel for sensitive skin that's not real expensive. Does anyone have suggestions?

Last edited by sunny06; 02-23-2009 at 02:34 PM.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:48 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

BluEyez1031 HB User
Re: very sensitive skin and acne

Wow, I'd never heard of Purified Skincare products before, and I just checked out their website...I will definitely be trying what you're using! For an exfoliating mask, I'd recommend using a pineapple enzyme one. Have you ever tried any Collective Wellbeing or 100 Percent Pure products? Both lines (one organic, one vegan) have a lot of products for sensitive skin. I highly recommend trying a mask or exfoliator from them. Collective Wellbeing makes a great Oatmeal Raspberry paste that is a great gentle exfoliant.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2009, 09:22 AM   #3
(female)

sunny06 HB User
Re: very sensitive skin and acne

Thanks for all the suggestions! I've only heard of 100 Percent Pure products from QVC and I've only seen their makeup. I definitely will look at the other company. The Oatmeal Raspberry sounds good.
Do you now of any good lactic acid peels?

Closed Thread