It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2003, 05:10 PM   #1

cameragrrl HB User
Smile ortho/mino/differin is doing some magic!

I've been reading the postings for a few days and decided I needed to share what seems to be working for me...
First of all, I think Proactive sucks. I followed the regimen religiously for about a year, and I think it made my face worse. I went from having light acne to what I would call... gross. : )
Anyway, I went on Ortho tri cyclen because I needed BC and because I thought it would help my face. My derm also put me on 200mg of minocycline a day, and differin cream once a day. I have to tell you, I think its working great! I'm just about to start my 5th month of ortho, and I've been using the mino/differin combo for 4 weeks now. I don't know exactly what to point to, but the combination seems to be doing the trick. I haven't had any new huge breakouts for about a week, and my scars are on their way to being healed.
I just wanted to let everyone know how my experience is going. Again, I can't pick one thing out and say IT is what's working, but the combination is working wonders.
If anyone has been on a similar regimen let me know, and I will for sure keep this updated on my progress.

Old 04-09-2003, 01:24 PM   #2

MysteryGrl HB User
I just wanted to share that this similar combo is working for me too. Except instead of differin, I'm using 4% BP. I never had bad skin until recently and I wanted to stop it before it got any worse. I'm happy to say that so far, so good!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2003, 08:16 PM   #3

Rosie20 HB User
I'm getting good results from Differin, Ortho, Doxy, and Benzaclin! Hopefully as we taper off these prescriptions, the clear skin will stay...

Congrats on your clearing!

Old 04-09-2003, 08:28 PM   #4

gessogirl HB User
Smile

the same combo is working for me too! lol

Old 09-30-2003, 10:58 PM   #5

lexus3902 HB User
Im also on the same combo. I started ortho two months ago, minocycline a week or two ago, and differin tonight. I have a wedding in 11 days. eeek. did the ortho try cyclen make any of you breakout initially.?

Old 10-01-2003, 05:03 AM   #6

maggiemae HB User
my daughter broke out like crazy on the ortho tri cyclen the very worst I ever saw her. Now she is on her 3 pack and she is starting to see improvement. Any one else break out alot? And how long until you were cleared up?

Old 10-01-2003, 07:36 AM   #7

latayy HB User
I was on Yasmin, Differin, and Ampicillin and I did NOT like this combo. I think the Ampicillin might have decreased the effectiveness of the Yasmin or something so I quite the ampicillin about 4 days ago and I am seeing some improvement in my skin.

Old 10-01-2003, 07:41 AM   #8
Inactive
(male)

froe HB User
does this combo only work for females? it seems that only women are giving positive input on this.

Old 10-04-2009, 06:24 PM   #9
(female)

bonesetter HB User
Re: ortho/mino/differin is doing some magic!

I have been taking antibiotics since ten days or so. earlier i was taking some other antibiotics but my derm put me on minocycline last week. Also, I am using differin since three nights. Before that, I was using topical antibiotic cream. Since I started using medication or more precisely, oral antibiotics; the pus from the pimples seems to be flowing out. At first I was scared but everyone said it was for the good. It was like a pus machine with pustules forming overnight. But i guess it is working. I see that the pimples are now becoming red marks. I still have to wait for a long time but good to know that something seems to be working atleast.

Old 10-04-2009, 06:28 PM   #10
(female)

bonesetter HB User
Re: ortho/mino/differin is doing some magic!

If the breakout means that pus formed pimples are appearing, then you should be happy since all the gunk is coming out. If not, then you should ask doc. In my case, i saw a lot of pus coming out everyday. Before taking medication, the pus was trapped and I could feel it under my skin as it was very bumpy. The pus might look ugly but it should come out so that healing can start.

Closed Thread