It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2009, 08:50 PM   #1
(female)

carrie79 HB User
Hi! I'm new!:) I was hoping for some advice.

My ten year old daughter starting getting mild breakouts about a year ago. Now the breakouts are pretty severe. They occur mainly at the forehead, around the nose and chin. I have tried every over the counter treatment. I have taken her to doctors also. They just keep telling me to use the over counter treatments. Her skin is really starting to affect her self esteem. what can I do for her that will actually help. Any suggestions will be appreciated. I know she will appreciate it to.

Last edited by carrie79; 03-16-2009 at 10:46 PM.

Old 03-31-2009, 05:19 AM   #2
(female)

aiysha1 HB User
Re: Hi! I'm new!:) I was hoping for some advice.

Heya Hun,

Im new on here too but i thought u might like to listen to my story.

I started getting acne when i was 9. Nd from that time until the age of 13 i went backwards and forwards to doctors and pharmacies with my parents, nothing helping me!!

My parents used to put a hot hot hot flannel on the effected areas as it wud help 2 draw out any bacteria each morning and evening, i also used to keep my head in a steamer., (my mum had one? :S) it had water in the bottom nd the steam wud rise up onto ur face, it was soothing and agen helped draw out the oils and bacteria from ur skin. i suppose any steam on ur face would help.

when i was 13 my skin was so bad i actually didnt have any friends, didnt want to go out, wouldnt talk 2 anyone and would hide my face, my mum gets the same but not so bad so she took me 2 her dermetologist on one of her visits even though our local practise had advised us not to seek the help of a dermetologist until the course of tablets i was on had finished! (another 6months)

when the dermetologist saw me he was shocked at the severity of my condition, it was like boils on my cheeks, neck and back, he prescribed me with accutane on a adult doesage.

ive since been on accuntane 3times and they say its not safe to be on it without sufficient gaps as the effects on ur body are bad, i had dry lips, headaches, sore skin inside my nose, all sorts. but its now completely cleared up my face, i have scarring but its bearly noticable, the sun helps to naturally dry out the skin and repair scarring too. my back still has scars and i was very concious of showing this but ive come to live with it and love me for me.

lets just say i have my own unique markings. ur daughter doesnt need to worry, tie her hair up and if she has a fringe push it back off her face to stop her sweating so much, tell her shes beautiful, shes special, shes unique and help her in understanding how she can help herself. she will be ok, as hard as school life could become its just people who dont understand the situation.

if ur increasingly worried, im not sure if a dermetologist could help ur daughter quite yet as shes still quite young but he may be able to prescribe her a slightly stronger cream

Last edited by moderator2; 03-31-2009 at 06:14 AM. Reason: please do not post your email address in the public forums - instead, use the private messaging system

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2009, 06:46 AM   #3
(female)

savemeplease HB User
Re: 10 year old daughter

please do not put your daughter on accutane, drugs and over the counter products are not the answer.

i am 16 and i started breaking out in 4th grade, which progressed over the years. nothing was working for me (retin-a, doxycycline, yaz, bactrim, lasers, blue lights). i was feeling really hopeless.

a few weeks ago i took a food allergy test and dairy, eggs, rice, wheat, almonds, soy, mustard, pinto beans, and asperilligus (a mold) came up mild and moderate for me. it has been a week or so of not eating these foods and i havent had a new pimple in 4 days and my skin looks so amazing, which never happens for me.

i also have a leaky gut, caused but genetics or antibiotics/bcp. after looking into that i began to realize that your colon/liver is the main cause of acne but dermatologist dont broadcast it because they wouldnt get any money from the treatment. a colon cleanse or a whole body cleanse could really benefit your daughter or anyone as well. i started mine yesterday and am just so relieved that i have finally found the core problem and i hope this helps you as well, it couldnt hurt to try it.

i wish everyone would try an allergy test/colon cleanse before ever going to the dermatologist.

hope it helps

Last edited by savemeplease; 03-31-2009 at 06:48 AM.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:28 AM   #4
(female)

Katee3 HB User
Re: Hi! I'm new!:) I was hoping for some advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie79 View Post
My ten year old daughter starting getting mild breakouts about a year ago. Now the breakouts are pretty severe. They occur mainly at the forehead, around the nose and chin. I have tried every over the counter treatment. I have taken her to doctors also. They just keep telling me to use the over counter treatments. Her skin is really starting to affect her self esteem. what can I do for her that will actually help. Any suggestions will be appreciated. I know she will appreciate it to.
Hi,i'm 15 years old and ever since i was about 10 i have had moderate to severe acne. My mother finally decided to take me to the dermatologist after everything that i tried,over the counter,wasnt working. My doctor prescribed me 50mg of minocycline. I have been on the meds for a few months,and honestly it has helped A LOTT! I had acne on my face,back,and chest. Since the med. was especially for me i dont know how it would effect your daughter. They will prescribe med. depending on the severity. I'm said to be on the med. for over a year, but there are days i forget to take it, and it makes a big difference. Also, the doctor prescibed me a face wash which is benzoyl peroxide %5. It does dry your face out though. I usually just wash with a bar of dove soap then the face wash. Also,when its time for menstrual,i do get a few bumps. But otherwise i totally recommend talking to a doctor about this med. for your daughter. Glad to help(: Any questions just ask!

Closed Thread