It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2003, 09:37 PM   #1

ashleyzzz19 HB User
Wink second day on accutane

i started accutane yesterday. ive been soo thirsty. i cant beleive it starts having affects on you so fast. my second day and already, geez. i hope i am clear in time for the holidays. well ill keep you guys posted on my condition. byebye.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2003, 10:21 AM   #2

ashleyzzz19 HB User
Fifth day: when i woke up today i was covered in whiteheads. my face is really sore. when i washed it last night i almost started crying cause it hurt so bad. but other than that my skin is not dry and my lips arent chapped. my skin is just as oily as it was before, if not more.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2003, 04:28 PM   #3
(female)

summer33ny HB User
You really can't except accutane to work that fast. You've only been on it for less than a week!

I am on week 8 or so and I have mild acne. My skin is not 100% clear and I still have good and bad days, but I am 100% oil-free. I'd say the oil went away the third week or so. It is frusterating because it takes so long and you really do expect it to work faster.

Also the only side effects I experienced were in the first few days. They were dry lips, a little bit of dry eyes and headaches. These went away within a week and I haven't had a single side effect since (well except for the ocassional need for chap stick, but I don't consider this a problem).

Old 09-07-2003, 08:19 PM   #4

ashleyzzz19 HB User
i wasnt expecting results right away. when i said "i hope im clear by the holidays" i meant like christmas time and the new year. so that gives me a couple months. i didnt mean by thanksgiving or anything alothough that would be nice. i noticed today that my lips were dry but last night i bought some aquaphor so i am ready to go. haha. thank you for letting me know your experience with the accutane. after reading everyones stories i really didnt know what to expect. thanks. bye.

Old 09-08-2003, 01:19 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

bunny9987 HB User
Wink

You will be clear before you know it. I started in July. I was hoping to be clear by Halloween-Thanksgiving time. Its now only Labor day and I am clear. Clear meaning not waking up with new ones. I still have scars and peeling, but thats fine. I can deal with that, as long as it it not bumpy.
The Time goes fast too. I stayed off the boards since July, kept my mind off of it. But I am now here to tell you my success story.

Old 09-08-2003, 03:30 PM   #6

Forcefed4 HB User
Wow bunny, how old are you? I saw you posted that you have been dealing with acne for 11 YEARS, so I assume you are at least in your 20s? :P

I am going to ask my derm about low dosing Accutane. I have to do SOMETHING, the large nodules on my jawline/neck are really bad right now. Hopefully my derm is understanding (I am a 30 year old male adult, so sorta hope she agrees the decision should be MINE to make).

Kev

Old 09-21-2003, 01:20 AM   #7

ashleyzzz19 HB User
hey guys. im at the end of my second week on accutane. nothing has really changed much. the palms of my hands are dry and i can definatly tell my back is stiff when i lay down a wierd way. my face isnt really dry or anything, today it seemed like it was gonna start getting dry. and my face...... hmmm, no real change. just gotta be patient i guess. anyways, ill update whenever something changes. bye.

Old 09-21-2003, 06:33 AM   #8

King Humbert HB User
Either accutane is working really fast for me or hasn't kicked in yet, I'm not sure.

I'm on my 5th day, have the same amount of dryness, no dry lips, but I'm clearing up nicely. Oil is a little less and cysts, if they show up, are usually gone by the next day or two instead of weeks later.

Oh well. I ain't complaining. I have less zits right now than I've had in 3 or so months.

Old 09-21-2003, 05:35 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

bunny9987 HB User
hi forced

Yes I am 25. I have been dealing with it since I was 14. Hopefully after finally making the accutane decision it'll go away for good. has been 9 weeks and it is awesome!!! Goodluck!!

Old 09-22-2003, 06:19 AM   #10

Forcefed4 HB User
Hey Bunny...thanks for responding. Well, my derm didn't want to give me Accutane (yet). She gave me Z-pak (azithromycin antibiotic, which is only take 6 days of the month), and Dual topical gel. :/ I hate topicals, because they don't do ANYTHING obviously for the acne on the back of my neck and my scalp.

I have a followup appointment in a month. I am using the Duac at night, but I am not expecting much from it. I use it sorta like the AcneCure method...I ice my face first, then apply the cold Duac from the fridge. :P

My jawline and neck are still a mess...this is the worst my neck has EVER been. It feels all lumpy when I am washing, not good at all.

Old 10-01-2003, 11:07 PM   #11

ashleyzzz19 HB User
so, ive been on accutane for 4 weeks now. my face is definatly showing improvement. i have an appt. in a few days so im not sure if shes gonna up my dosage or anything. im still on 40mg once a day. my face isnt really dry but my lips are chapped. its amazing how much my oil production has slowed down, its great. i can go all day without powdering my face, i would normally powder it like every hour. and also my hair doesnt get greasy like it did before. the only bad side affects i am having is a very sore back, and i have been really tired. thats about it for now. bye.

Closed Thread