It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2009, 06:26 PM   #1
(female)

marisolsuarez HB User
acne tips with thyroid problem

am 21 and have acne i have tried the usual remedies from natural to washing my face every night and i even tried dumb proactive and made my acne worse. so my doc gave me eretromycin but i got really bad side effects and i think it messed with my tyroid levels. so has any one tried something else than acutane or lazer treatments. any tips i can use...that wont mess with my thyroid medication. thanks

Old 04-21-2009, 11:07 AM   #2
(female)

Zie HB User
Re: ance tips with thyroid problem

I have used a blue light acne lamp. It worked really well for me. I tend to be into natural remedies. I don't like all the medicines they give out. I actually used acutane when I was a teenager. It was very harsh and it totally changed my kind of skin. I sometimes wonder if it damaged it in other ways. Anyway the blue light took a couple of weeks to see results but it worked and it had a lasting effect. I had to use initially for 5 weeks. Now I just use it when I get an occassional break out. Maybe it could help you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread