It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2009, 03:27 PM   #1
(male)

joefitz HB User
How to get rid of huge infected acne.

I'm 15 years old and i am struggling with HUGE INFECTED ACNE!!! I have had the same cyst for over a month now, and it will refuse to lose redness or get any smaller. I'm starting to wonder if it's ever gona go away. Is there anything I can do to help this painful problem.

Last edited by joefitz; 04-05-2009 at 02:13 PM. Reason: spelling error

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2009, 08:50 PM   #2
(female)

Jadebeauty1 HB User
Re: How to get rid of huge infected acne.

What are you using on your face and how is your diet?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2009, 08:52 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

esker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB User

A cyst can be treated by a doctor. It's too deep for you to treat by yourself.

Old 04-05-2009, 02:10 PM   #4
(male)

joefitz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadebeauty1 View Post
What are you using on your face and how is your diet?
I'm just using a deep clean face clenser twice a day. And I actually have a fairly good diet, i dont eat sugar or fatty foods, i only eat organic food and I drink a TON of water.

Old 04-05-2009, 08:39 PM   #5
(female)

Jadebeauty1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefitz View Post
I'm just using a deep clean face clenser twice a day. And I actually have a fairly good diet, i dont eat sugar or fatty foods, i only eat organic food and I drink a TON of water.
Well, it sounds like your diet is pretty good. I don't know because I'm not a pro, but I remember when i use to use face washes, creams, etc... They only made the condition worse. SOmetimes the products contains things that we are allergic to. I wouldn't suggest going to a derm, nor would i be totally against it. I've never been to a derm and my face is pretty much clear now compared to how it use to be. Try finding out if there's sometihng in your diet or your face wash that you are allergic to.

Last edited by Jadebeauty1; 04-05-2009 at 08:40 PM.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:20 AM   #6
(female)

BLS2810 HB User

i have the same prblem. I usually get cystic type acne. What I do to get the infection out is buy round bandaids (called spot bandaids). The ones by curad are the best. If you put it over the acne spot at night and leave it on by morning, the bandaid will draw the pus and oze out. You may have to put a bandaid on for a couple of nights. If you smell a very foul odar when you wake up, it is just the infection leaving. If you poke a small hole in the acne leasion before you put a bandaid on, it will help that way it is already opened up. The bandaids are only like $2.00 so it's not like it is expensive. Oh and wash your face before you put the bandaid on it.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:33 PM   #7
(female)

crocheting HB User
Cool Re: How to get rid of huge infected acne.

Hi Guys,
I don't post on this board, try Tea Tree Oil. It is great for acne, people have been useing it for many different skin problems for many years! You can buy it at most drug stores, hope it helps!

Crocheting

Old 04-09-2009, 12:21 PM   #8
(female)

jojo3314 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefitz View Post
I'm 15 years old and i am struggling with HUGE INFECTED ACNE!!! I have had the same cyst for over a month now, and it will refuse to lose redness or get any smaller. I'm starting to wonder if it's ever gona go away. Is there anything I can do to help this painful problem.
If you have had it for that long, it may be a sebaceous cyst or a bad infection. you will probably have to go see a dermatologist who can remove it for you.

Old 04-11-2009, 05:20 PM   #9
(female)

acnenator HB User

Is bandaid something like a plaster except it is for acne? Does this work for severe acne cases only or can this be use for zits?

Old 04-12-2009, 08:45 PM   #10
(female)

BLS2810 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by acnenator View Post
Is bandaid something like a plaster except it is for acne? Does this work for severe acne cases only or can this be use for zits?
No i am talking about reagular bandaids ( you know like you put on a cut or a scape to help it heal or to stop bleeding). Only the spot (round ones) seem to work because they are small, but still manage to cover the spot. And the sticky part goes all the way around the gauz part so it is completly sealed from all sides. I have used it on severe acne, because that is all I seem to get.

And remember you might have to use them a couple of nights on the same lesion. Oh and sometimes the bandaids slips off during the night because it is full of pus and oze.

Last edited by moderator2; 04-14-2009 at 07:10 AM.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:05 AM   #11
(female)

acnenator HB User

Thank you. Are you still having acne problem? This form of addressing your acne seems new to me. My son has problems with acne and am actually looking around for solutions to his problem. I usually get him to use facial cleansers to clean his face. Not the ones that foam but the cream ones. I do not use any particular brand as long as they are in cream form.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:21 AM   #12
(female)

BLS2810 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by acnenator View Post
Thank you. Are you still having acne problem? This form of addressing your acne seems new to me. My son has problems with acne and am actually looking around for solutions to his problem. I usually get him to use facial cleansers to clean his face. Not the ones that foam but the cream ones. I do not use any particular brand as long as they are in cream form.
yeah I still have acne problems. Unfortunally I haven't found anything that actually prevents acne. The only thing that really worked for me was Accutane, which I was on when I was in high school. For a face wash I use a four step treatment, it's kind of like Proactive, but works a little better. It's called Acne Free Severe. It's like $30.00 at Walmart.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:43 AM   #13
(male)

chris25uk HB User

there might be someting in this, i for one find that when i dont think about acne mine seem to clear up a little. but when a little spot comes up and i keep thinking to my self please don't get any worse and they do! i get angry and they will get even worse! i wonder if i try and put it to the back of my mind and not worry about it weather it will help?

Closed Thread