It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2009, 04:06 AM   #1
(female)

pizzafacecougar HB User
Angry 22 years of acne & scarring

Hi, I'm new on here. I have had acne since I was 10. 10 years ago I had co2 laser surgery and I even broke out before my skin grew back. I've tried EVERYTHING! I spent another $3000 on some kind of laser in CA and that did NOTHING. I have used Retin A, I pick my zits, and with Retin A, the wounds stay open, never hearling... just dry and bleeding. I have pit's in my cheeks and nose. I had a guy yell out during a road rage incident last week I can see your pock mark from here...." I think he was referring to a huge chicken poc scar above my eyebrow. I also have a huge crater on the side of my face where I had some kind of growth removed. I've even had someone create a fake profile about me where it said "you can see my craters from across the room".. I was called pizza face as a kid. To top this all off I have excess body hair, I have to shave all the time, even my face... I also sweat constantly and i'm immune to deoderants and antipersperant.

And guess what... I'm a model. Yeah, go figure. My acne has prevented me from doing so much more with modeling... but yay for photoshop. Oh how I love the "wow, thats you in that photo?". In relationships, its hard to get close to people, I never want to be seen in the day, guys think I'm flakey but i just dont want them to see me during breakouts which is most of the time. I wont do daytime things, especially beaches, swimming etc.. I'm too self concious of the way I look.

So many times I have just thought it would be easier to die. I am really broke, I don't have health insurance in the states and can't afford to be treated medically. Everything just seems pointless. I'll never be truly beautiful, I'll never find a man and I will just end up with even more scars since my active acne will just not disappear.

My face wont even tan... my body does, so I just don't even bother trying to tan it.

Right now I seem to get whiteheads hourly... I have no clue why.. I don't believe my diet has changed much, I'm not really using anything new on my face... why is my skin doing out of the ordinary stuff? I usually just have blackheads and cystic acne. Ive done proative too, I'm on olay products for acne and age cos well, i'm getting older...

Is there anyone who can tell me the best way for me to get rid of icepick scars and stop this activity on my face... oh and I even get zits on my neck, scalp, back, butt, around my genitals, chest and arms... I used to get blackheads on my hips!

If not, I will die old and lonely I'll be alone and self loathing.

Thanks for encouragement and advice in advance.

Last edited by moderator2; 04-19-2009 at 08:43 AM. Reason: please use language appropriate for our community

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2009, 07:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
Re: 22 years of acne & scaring

Okay, if you model, you cannot be ugly. I would never be able to model on my best days. My daughter, very much unlike her mom, is one of the most gorgeous people you'd ever lay your eyes on, at the moment she has acne really bad, she will not listen to me and take care of her face right, but I would take her looks and all of her acne anyday over what I look like. And I really hate acne.

One thing I can see your likely doing WRONG is a tanning bed. That facial tanner on that tanning bed will break your face out something HORRIBLE. If you have acne that bad, then stop using a tanning bed.

I have had acne really bad since I was a child. I get impetigo from it and it gets really nasty looking. I have been able to completely get rid of my acne with proactiv. I used other treatments even more expensive and it just made my acne worse. The proactiv took a little while before the breakouts completely stopped but in the end it was so worth using (I had whiteheads/blackheads/& pimples). I always make sure that I only wear makeup when I am out in public and as soon as I get home, I wash all of that off. Caffeine & chocolate are two things that will break my face out something horrible and I completely avoid that. I also do not use any moisturizers on my face or anything that might trigger the acne. I always make sure my foundation I wear is oil free. And I will not allow myself to get to the point that I am sweating.

I wish I could show you a picture of what I once looked like and what I look like now. The difference is unreal.

You can overcome this problem. But you have to find something that works to control your acne and stick with it. And try to avoid anything that might make it worse. Icecream/chocolate/pizza/sugar/caffeine/etc... Not GOOD.

Have you ever had your hormones checked for an imbalance? If you have hair growth that bad, it could be a problem.

Come on now, are you telling us you cannot live your life "Happy" without a man in your life. If I felt that way, I'd of done shot myself 10 years ago. Not that finding my soulmate isn't important to me, but thinking you can't survive life without them, I would really hate to be in your shoes right now.

Your self confidence is way tooooooooooooooooooooooo low. Even if you did get into a relationship, it may not work out well because of that. You cannot go through life having such a low opinion of yourself. Before you go out there and try to care for somebody else, you really need to learn how to care about yourself first.

Last edited by moderator2; 04-19-2009 at 08:42 AM.

Old 04-19-2009, 07:25 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User

Okay, so I just noticed where you said you pick at your zits. Oh nooooooooooo nooooooooooo noooooooooooooooooooo you cannot do that! It's so hard not to but you are just giving the infection reason to spread elsewhere. You should only allow a dermatologist to remove that stuff out of your acne, and if you pop one too soon, your really going to be sorry. And if you find that you have to do it no matter what (kind of like an obsessive compulsive issue it can become), at least educate yourself through info online about how you could do it more safely, and always wash your hands afterwards! That stuff is very contagious to the rest of your skin.

I wouldn't pay no attention to what they are saying to you either. I have been to California a few times on vacation, and I love LOVE love it there, but Los Angeles, I don't know when I have ever met such a rude bunch of people before. Burbank, I had no problem, but LA hahaha. I was walking down the street one day just looking around at things and this one guy yells out HOW MUCH. In his dreams, maybe.

Last edited by moderator2; 04-19-2009 at 08:42 AM. Reason: disallowed language

Old 04-19-2009, 10:42 PM   #4
(female)

pizzafacecougar HB User

Thanks for your response. I do not tan my face... and I do model, but I have good features with bad skin, if my skin wasn't so awful I wouldn't have low self confidence or esteem, however I do and like I said, thank goodness there is a thing called lighting, make up, hair and photoshop. So don't judge me because of what my job is, that doesn't make me any less sensitive.. I still get called names and teased by haters, did you not read my full post? And yes I can live w/o a man, but it would be nice to have company w/o it only being at night and someone that doesn't hate the site of me in daylight. I have huge holes and craters in my face with active acne. I also mentioned that I am broke - probably cos I'm too ugly and old to get modeling jobs as much anymore and I don't have health insurance, so I wouldnt be able to go to a doctor or dermo... so yeah, alternative therapies would be a must right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neveragain444 View Post
Okay, if you model, you cannot be ugly. I would never be able to model on my best days. My daughter, very much unlike her mom, is one of the most gorgeous people you'd ever lay your eyes on, at the moment she has acne really bad, she will not listen to me and take care of her face right, but I would take her looks and all of her acne anyday over what I look like. And I really hate acne.

One thing I can see your likely doing WRONG is a tanning bed. That facial tanner on that tanning bed will break your face out something HORRIBLE. If you have acne that bad, then stop using a tanning bed.

I have had acne really bad since I was a child. I get impetigo from it and it gets really nasty looking. I have been able to completely get rid of my acne with proactiv. I used other treatments even more expensive and it just made my acne worse. The proactiv took a little while before the breakouts completely stopped but in the end it was so worth using (I had whiteheads/blackheads/& pimples). I always make sure that I only wear makeup when I am out in public and as soon as I get home, I wash all of that off. Caffeine & chocolate are two things that will break my face out something horrible and I completely avoid that. I also do not use any moisturizers on my face or anything that might trigger the acne. I always make sure my foundation I wear is oil free. And I will not allow myself to get to the point that I am sweating.

I wish I could show you a picture of what I once looked like and what I look like now. The difference is unreal.

You can overcome this problem. But you have to find something that works to control your acne and stick with it. And try to avoid anything that might make it worse. Icecream/chocolate/pizza/sugar/caffeine/etc... Not GOOD.

Have you ever had your hormones checked for an imbalance? If you have hair growth that bad, it could be a problem.

Come on now, are you telling us you cannot live your life "Happy" without a man in your life. If I felt that way, I'd of done shot myself 10 years ago. Not that finding my soulmate isn't important to me, but thinking you can't survive life without them, I would really hate to be in your shoes right now.

Your self confidence is way tooooooooooooooooooooooo low. Even if you did get into a relationship, it may not work out well because of that. You cannot go through life having such a low opinion of yourself. Before you go out there and try to care for somebody else, you really need to learn how to care about yourself first.

Old 04-24-2009, 04:17 PM   #5
(female)

Evey55 HB User

As said before....stop picking...it's only making the acne worse and the scarring worse. You don't need much money to have a simple basic routine....
try cetaphil facewash
a benzoyl peroxide cream
an oil free moisterizer,.....ONLY if needed.
All of these are available cheap at places like Wall Mart, Rite Aid. etc.

Wash face and apply BP cream twice a day. STICK WITH THIS ROUTINE.
If you use any makeup, make sure it's oil free and non-comedigenic.

Save your money and go to some kind of clinic....see if they will give you spiro...short for spirolactonate...(might be spelled wrong). It has been a miracle drug for many acne sufferers....it's very cheap and safe.
Google it and read about it.

Don't worry about what other people think...do your best and hang in there.
I really think spiro could help you.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:35 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

try Photodynamic Therapy. It helped me, and Im a model as well with cystic acne which was driving me crazy. Yeah, the perfect body, but who wants a fashion model with a huge cystic zit on her face? Photodynamic Therapy is a laser, but it works! Much like accutane, it shrinks the sebaceous glands under the skin and stops them from producing oil. I still get the occasional blemish, but after 4 treatments, its NOTHING like it used to be.
look into it..
Nikki

Closed Thread