It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2003, 06:38 PM   #1

jenguard82 HB User
Question is garlic the answer to acne problems? read this!

I read on one of these posts to eat fresh garlic. That if you eat fresh garlic it would clear up your face. The person said that if you have cysts it reduces the size of them and it also reduces the redness of red marks. Well, I don't have any cysts but I do have a few pimples and definently some stupid red marks that have been linguring around driving me nuts. So I ate some nasty fresh garlic and I thought I was going to throw up after eating 2. But I managed to get to down and I waited the 24 hours which she said that's how long it would take to see results. No kidding around this one pimple that I have is half the size. Not to mention the red spots are not as red. I can't believe it, I am really excited cause my face looks so much better then yesterday. Anyways, if you can manage to get the garlic down (which is really hard to do, it burns your mouth, not to mention your breath will really stink bad) then do yourself a favor and try the garlic remedy. It has to be fresh though. Well, I wanted to share since I found success from it. I hope that it works for everyone who tries it. Good luck all.

Old 09-17-2003, 06:53 PM   #2
Born2BeWild

Garlic could work for some people but its not the cure all. People have acne caused by many different things. Garlic has a sort of natural anti biotic effect so it makes sense that it could help acne cause by certain bacteria or toxins in the body.

------------------
~*~ Kristy ~*~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2003, 02:55 AM   #3
(female)

Honeychild HB User
Not sure if that was one of my posts you read a few days ago i posted about raw garlic under jenfen's post, but it definitely works.

Has stopped me having to go back onto antibiotics to clear the infection from cysts.

Raw garlic is amazing. I am surprised how well only 2 cloves worked for you.

I have amedical book here at home, and it says for treatement of cysts to do the raw garlic, and thats where i got it from initially.

It dramatically shortens the life of a cyst, the inflammation, the infection etc.
Best to combine the raw garlic with high zinc supplements.

Old 09-18-2003, 05:06 AM   #4

jenguard82 HB User
Hey! That was your post! Thanks so much for posting it to. I hope more people will try it out as it did work pretty well for me, and it must be working well for you to. I am going to eat another 2 tonight. I hope I can get them down, anything you do to help the taste not be so horrible? Let me know, thanks.

Old 09-18-2003, 05:42 AM   #5

strange_machine HB User
Hi, garlic has good detoxifying properties because of the high sulpher content. This is probably the main reason why it's helping to reduce pimple, reddenning etc...

i used DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide) as a topical cream for abit, and it really helped my pimple. I stopped using it because it smelt like garlic, and the last thing i wwant to smell like is garlic!!!!!! ... lol.. a better solution is MSM supplemental pills. methyl-sulfonyl-methane. It's used to treat injuries, arthritis, muscle aches, etc.... but it'lll do what the garlic is doing to your pimple because of the sulphur ... and you don't have to torture yourself with eating raw garlic, lol.... i bought a bottle of 90pills for about 16$ at my local healthfood store.. you should be able to find it readily anywhere!!!!! woot

i help that helps........ it's way better than smelling liike garlic.... MSM has no odour whatsoever, my face is looking great!!!!!

Old 09-18-2003, 10:00 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Micheybell HB User
I've been eating 1 clove of garlic a day .. I have slacked off lately but am starting again. It does help your skin and your health. How gross is it though??

I find that if you eat a clove or two with a cucumber it is so much easier than eating it alone. Plus the cucumber helps hide the smell. It's good. Try that.

Old 09-18-2003, 03:58 PM   #7

bargainshopper HB User
what about taking garlic supplements? is that just as good? or does it have to be raw?

Old 09-18-2003, 04:46 PM   #8
Born2BeWild

Good question bargain!! I am wondering the same thing. It sure would be easier just to take garlic pills. I think that the raw form probably works best though.

Does anyone know for sure? Do garlic supplements benefit skin?

------------------
~*~ Kristy ~*~

Old 09-18-2003, 05:21 PM   #9
Inactive

crazyabout blue HB User
ewwwwwwwwwwwww

Old 09-18-2003, 05:45 PM   #10

jenguard82 HB User
I just thought I would tell everyone... I ate another 2 cloves (I think that's what they're called) tonight. This time it was so much easier to get down. I didn't try the cucumber this, as I am not a hug fan of cucumbers. But I made a spicy burrito with a lot of cheese. I cut up 2 cloves tonight into really small pieces and I put them in the burrito. It was so easy to get down and the burrito was actually quite tastey. Not to mention my breath doesn't stink that bad, after I brushed my teeth I can hardly taste the garlic! I wll write back tomorrow to let you know of any improvements, this better work like the first time! Let me know of any successes you are having with garlic! Thanks, Jen

Old 09-18-2003, 06:01 PM   #11
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User
Smile

I wonder if aged garlic supplements would have the same effect. We have some of those.

Old 09-19-2003, 05:10 AM   #12
(female)

Honeychild HB User
Hi everyone

I thought I would repost this post of mine that originally got the garlic thread here going.

Ok. for those worried about the odour, there ARE solutions to this. You can chew on a clove, you can take chlorophyll liquid (internal deodoriser), or chew on a sprig of parsley.

If you need immediate help for a cyst, you wont get as much benefit unless you have the RAW garlic, not in supplements or tablets, just doesnt have the same impact.

I never found 1-2 garlic cloves took down my cysts. When I had cysts, I would have at least 4 raw garlic cloves a day, and let me tell you,I know what I would rather have. Lets see! A humongous, red cyst on my face, or mild garlic odour controlled by the methods above that I mentioned.

Its up to you guys, but for cysts, this is AMAZING in its reducing power, and eliminating the already formed cyst.

Ok, enough. Here is the original ppost which was for Jenfen.

Hi Jenfen

if I get a bad pimple (and yes, sometimes cysts) the only thing that works for me and stops me having to go onto antibiotics again, is RAW GARLIC. I know it sounds gross, but what would you prefer? Garlic breath (which u can get rid of or a big zit on your face?)

Garlic takes care of the infection, and reduces the bump. As your acne sounds severe at the mmoment, I would eat as much raw garlic with food as I can. Believe me, the next day, I have noticed a reduction in inflammation of the bump. Its smaller.

Also take zinc in high doses till you get the cysts under control. And when I say high, i mean high. Like 80 mg of elemental zinc.

Also vitamin c to increase the healing.

NO SUGAR, NO JUNK FOOD, NO DAIRY.

You guys should take a look at Walt Stoll's protocol for gettng acne under control. I use to be on this board for my acne, but since going there I hardly have any acne problem at all. Actually from following his protocol, which includes essential fatty acids to thin the sebum so it doesnt clog pores, exercise, meditation etc. Its not hard work at all, and not only will your skin love it, but so will your health later on in life. Sure its great to think of our skin and how clear and health we want it, but think of the good its doing our body for later onin life.

Hope this helps you.

OH, the raw garlic thing. at least for you jen, I would take 6-8 raw garlic cloves a day. Crush it over your food, put it in a stirfry on your plate with rice if you like. I often find a piece of grilled salmon with lemon disguises the garlic taste.

for garlic breath, you can take chlorophyll, or chew on a parsely sprig, or chew ona clove. RAW garlic is the only thing that has worked on severe acne for me!

GOOD LUCK!

Old 09-19-2003, 07:05 PM   #13

noname HB User
can someone explain me what the cloves are? is that only one part of whole garlic? and do you get odour "for good"?

Old 09-20-2003, 03:31 AM   #14
(female)

Honeychild HB User
Thumbs up

I also wanted to make mention that the RAW garlic combined with zinc (also works well without zinc) has
helped me avoid any cysts from being surgically removed, if it wasnt for the garlic, I would have had to have had some of them surgically removed.
Garlic is a potent inflammation inhibitor and infection fighter. NOt only does it tremendously reduce the size of cysts, but also the redness, swelling and pain associated with it.
you will see results overnight!

Old 09-20-2003, 12:02 PM   #15

ClioVetro HB User
I eat them with an apple...the sweetness of the apple helps

Closed Thread