It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2009, 08:27 PM   #1
(female)

Big Tuna HB User
Does climate affect acne?

Whenever I come home from college my acne seems to get a lot worse. Pimples appear only one at a time while I'm at school, but I experience a lot of breakouts. I'm much less stressed at home. I do eat more junk food when I am home, so that may be the cause, but I don't think that my diet change is that drastic. I feel like even when I eat healthily (or slightly better than I do at school) for a few weeks, it doesn't make a difference with the outbreaks.

I feel like this is a stupid question, but does climate effect acne? I can't think of any other changes that might effect it between my school and home life.

Also, I'm thinking of using different acne med. I use some clean and clear products and they typically work well for me. Are there any similar products that you would recommend?

Thanks for your input!

Old 06-07-2009, 08:49 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Does climate effect acne?

I can imagine that acne would be more active in a humid or moist environment, than a dry desert type atmosphere. I do not know if these extremes are present in your case, but variations would make sense.

If you are seeing a dermatologist about your acne (which I recommend), I would certainly mention the changes you experience at college and at home.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2009, 09:02 PM   #3
(male)

aharrisc HB User

Proactive works pretty well. Question, do you use different soaps on your skin when you are at home and when you are at school?

Old 06-08-2009, 12:38 PM   #4
(female)

Big Tuna HB User

I go to school in California, home is in Oregon... But I do use different soap- same brand and everything, but a different scent? I will try going back to my old soap. Thanks everyone!

Old 06-08-2009, 06:34 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Does climate affect acne?

Actually, the climates in California and Oregon are quite different. Particularly Southern California, which is a coastal desert...and Oregon, which is a humid, forested state with a significant rainfall.

it could be a factor...

Good luck

Old 06-09-2009, 12:32 AM   #6
(female)

acne_sufferer HB User
Re: Does climate affect acne?

Everyones skin is different but I know my skin definitely reacts to the weather. I break out worse during the winter when its cold and the air is drier. My skin is very sensitive

Closed Thread