It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2003, 10:27 PM   #1

uniquejustlikeeveryoneels HB User
Post List of bad foods/curing foods for acne

As seen on the views website....

STEP 1 — Acne Curing Foods

Fruits & Vegetables
Apples
Cantaloupe
Honeydew
Berries
Artichokes
Asparagus
Broccoli
Dark leafy lettuce

Nuts
Almonds
Pecans
Hazelnuts
Sunflower seeds
Pumpkin seeds

Proteins
Salmon
Regular yogurt
Turkey
Oysters

Acne Causing Fruits & Vegetables
Mango
Papaya
Banana
Peas
Carrots

Acne Causing Foods
Bagels
Pita
Rice cakes
Rice
Potatoes

STEP 2 — Nutritional Supplements that Help Treat Acne

B Complex
Vitamin C
Vitamin E
Fish oil
Perricone vitamins

STEP 3 — Topical Anti-inflammatories

Cetaphil
Aveeno
Biore
Clean & Clear
Perricone products
-----------------------------------------------------

Whadda you guys think?

------------------
Peace,Im out

Old 10-01-2003, 10:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

SweetJade1 HB User
Honestly, I say that's a great and relatively simple diet. In fact, some of the foods that I avoid or naturally dislike (peas) are on the "bad" list. I say that they did a good job.

My only suggestion is that if avoiding STARCH (rice ,potatos) doesn't work then maybe they should just avoid Wheat or ALL grains. Otherwise, perhaps some member here will find that easy to follow. =)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2003, 06:30 AM   #3

Sigh HB User
Carrots = Acne Causing? I just added carrots to my morning diet

Old 10-02-2003, 06:34 AM   #4

knut HB User
I don't get the deal with carrots either.

I mean, I guess they are sweet, high in natural sugar..., but, aren't they filled with vitamin A, which is good for you?

I juice lots of carrots and most days drink two carrot/apple (with flax oil) drinks. I would think that they benefits of carrots would outweigh the possibility of them being a cause of acne..., but then again, who am I to say. Just my opinion from what I've read.

Old 10-02-2003, 08:05 AM   #5
Inactive

jagdm27 HB User
I honestly believe, from research and talking to professional Doctors that Diet is not necessarily the cause for acne, however I do believe certain foods could be a factor with certain people. It depends on the person and your genetics and hormones!

Old 10-02-2003, 10:03 AM   #6

blondiebiker HB User
how your body reacts to your diet (intake of food) is often a big factor in skin. All of the preservatives, steroids, etc. that are added to food can create problems when the body is trying to break down all of the unnatural additives.
Not everyone of course reacts, but many do.
Old saying of "you are what you eat" holds true regardless of skin. There is just no way to maintain a healthy body if you live on a diet filled with junk. It may not show up in your skin, but eventually some part of your body will react to a unbalanced poor diet.
some will have skin issues, others may be affected elsewhere.
regardless of belief a good diet can only help skin and other body functions.

Old 10-02-2003, 10:43 AM   #7

mmmelicious HB User
Hmm. I wonder wear lima beans fall on that list. I hate them as well as peas and now I feel justified about the peas! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/redface.gif)

There are those annoying people that abuse themeselves and look great. My boss is 37, smokes a pack a day, works until 3a.m., eats M&M's and diet coke for lunch. She weighs about a buck, has energy to spare, is pregnant with her 3rd kid (they're perfect), and is very pretty. Her only flaw is bags under the eyes from smoking.

Grrrrrr!

Old 10-02-2003, 12:38 PM   #8
Inactive

jagdm27 HB User
The funny thing is that I am very much into excercising and eating right, with also allowing myself to cheat on Sundays. And believe me when I tell you, I include lots of fruits and veggies, the right amount of protiens and carbs and I drink tons of water, which is so important . I meditate & I try not to stress. And guess what I still break out!!!!!!!!

That is why I have a hard time believing that for me it is my diet. If you saw how well I eat you would tend to wonder why then if it had to do with food.
And to boot I am 31!!! What's up with that? I would say it is just the way my skin is. I have obnoxious oil glands! LOL!

But there is no doubt that some people may react differently to foods! Apparently not everyone!

And please, masterbation does not cause acne!!!!

Old 10-02-2003, 12:51 PM   #9

knut HB User
Has anyone read what I posted yesterday about the kinesiology and the wheat results that I got when I went to the chiropractor?

I've been trying to figure out this diet thing for a while...figuring that I eat healthy and all; but I still ate tons of products that contain wheat, and even "cheated" sometimes just figuring that a little of this is not going to hurt, since I'm normally so good.

Well, now I am thinking that maybe (I'm not putting 100% faith into it YET) that I have been having an adverse reaction to wheat, which has been CONTRIBUTING (not 100% causing - possibly) to my acne.

So, while I 100% agree that it's no fun to diet in any sense..., if I unfortunately have a reaction to this one product, I will remove it from my diet, even if it isn't easy.

Old 10-08-2003, 10:29 PM   #10
Senior Veteran

SweetJade1 HB User
Hey, you forgot to mention that this is from the "Acne Prescription" diet by N.V. Perricone. I've heard he knows he stuff when it comes to anti-aging and has even gotten awards for his research. Maybe for some of you it's worth a shot.

Old 10-09-2003, 10:39 AM   #11

jug HB User
Angry

carrots are bad? geez...how about yams (sweet potatoes)?

Closed Thread