It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2003, 10:16 AM   #1

Sahuja1 HB User
Post HELP! HOLE ON MY NOSE FROM DRIED BLACKHEAD!!!!

OK, so I had this blackhead on my nose, which dried up. For me this means that it formed this dry pus, (like when a whitehead heals). It was dry and it popped off by itself, but it left this pinhole behind!! It kind of looks like someone poked a needle or toothpick there! Will this go away??!! I mean, I did not pop the blackhead or anything. It dried out and just fell off... Anyone have this experience??? This happened yesterday. HELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2003, 10:36 AM   #2
Inactive

crazyabout blue HB User

Calm down.. it'll heal...

Next time apply neosporin to avoid a scar.. its most likely that it'll leave a scar, but it will fade away.

Eat a lot of protein.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2003, 10:41 AM   #3

Sahuja1 HB User
How long do these things take to go away? I know the skin on the nose doesnt heal that quickly...

Old 10-08-2003, 10:42 AM   #4
(female)

Red Bean HB User
Actually it won't leave a scar. It's just that the black head stretched open the pore. If it came out on it's own, GREAT! But you have to use like, astringent w/ salicydic acid in it to make sure you keep your pores clear so it won't fill up again. Usually the same pores fill up again over and over though.

Old 10-08-2003, 11:11 AM   #5

Sahuja1 HB User
Red bean, has this happened to you? How long does it take for the pore to "close back up"? Anything I can do to speed up the process?? Thanks!

Old 10-08-2003, 01:55 PM   #6

Sahuja1 HB User
Bump..Anyone else?

Old 10-08-2003, 02:01 PM   #7

Product_Queen HB User
This has happened to me many times and it goes away the next day, so relax it will be ok :-)

Old 10-09-2003, 09:41 AM   #8

Sahuja1 HB User
ACK! Its still there! Its been two days! HELLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!! I am freaking out! If it wasnt on my nose and in a place where it couldnt be seen I wouldnt care as much. But right there on my nose

Old 10-09-2003, 10:14 AM   #9
(female)

Red Bean HB User
Hi! The important thing is to keep it clear so it doesn't fill up again and keep the pore stretched out. Use a toner to prevent this. The other thing is Clinique makes a pore minimizer that works well. You gotta keep those pores clear so they don't fill up and stretch out. Steaming your face and regular exfoliation helps that too. And salicydic acid.

Old 10-09-2003, 12:14 PM   #10
Veteran

AccutaneAvenger HB User
This happened to my Mum when she popped a blackhead herself, and it left a HUGE hole in her nose. It went completely in about 6 months, so yours should be less.

AA
And I shall be clothed again with my SKIN, and in my flesh I shall see God." [Job 19:25]

Old 10-09-2003, 01:36 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

scouselad1974 HB User
I had a spot on my nose many years ago that was really large and after messing about with it for a while it went into a very nasty cut that took months to heal,leaving a really nasty red mark.
The good news is that it did finally heal up and even the red mark has gone,i found using sudocrem cream on the sore area improved the recovery and helped the skin return to it,s normal colour.
The point of this story is LEFT ALONE AND TREATED WITH A GOOD PRODUCT NASTY MARKS SHOULD EVENTUALLY GO AWAY OR AT LEAST IMPROVE,THIS IS NO GOOD WHILE YOU HAVE THE NASTY RED MARKS BUT IT GIVES YOU HOPE.

Closed Thread